TCPA 1:1 Call Rules

JTS1

Expert
Telesales Agents: how do you interpret the upcoming rule changes?

Will this severely impact lead flow?

I just saw Assurance got shut down yesterday.

Thanks.

Uh oh. Haha. Guess we'll see.
I've had 3 calls about it being reported that I was in an auto accident in the last 2 years and due to being innocent at time of claim I wasn't properly compensated. I'll get a couple more from them before the day is over.

I just got off the phone with someone giving away "free" benefits for Medicare. She wouldn't continue when she asked my age and I asked what difference does that make.

That was preceded by a call about the "state" Medicare benefits. He got all confused when I told him Medicare was federal and Medicaid was state. I think he went back for more training?

And I got a call from Emily Wilson with US Funeral Expenses. She was talking about all kinds of "discounts" on these "newly released plans in my state". But Emily got all frustrated when I asked about those discounts.

While typing this I got a call from Alison Smith about the "updated plans from Medicare that were just released". She asked 3 times if I had part A and B so she could check my eligibility. She also wanted to know my age. I asked her if it was a dating site. Alison didn't like that question.

And what do you know, all were local calls. I could go to their office and chat. :D

I record them all. I report them all. Nothing is ever done to them or about them.

Haha, makes sense that nothing is done; that would require effort.

I've always disliked the "state approved, newly released," verbiage.

I see it as telemarketed leads slowing down and becoming more expensive as a result since you can’t use an auto dialer to generate them, has to be a manual call. But then again that’s for people following the rules, I’m sure all the call centers overseas don’t give a **** so the onus is on you if you use those leads like I currently do. Social media generated leads won’t change, days of reselling leads will be gone hopefully so for us buying leads quality should get better in theory.

I didn't realize it said it had to be a manual call.

I use call center leads too. Hmm.

Have you ever worked inbound leads? TV leads?

Yup that’s why everyone is saying telemarketer leads will be illegal. It’s a bit of a misnomer because if you read the language, manual calls are fine. But all the telemarketers are using auto dialers right now because it would take a long time to one get someone on the phone and two consent to a callback. Haven’t heard of a reputable inbound or tv lead vendor other than dbga or what sls has going on

Latest posts

Back