TCPA VIOLATION

I get those Pakistani caller calling me all the time. They say some really ridiculous things trying to convert you into a lead. And the part that I find hilarious is at the end of the first part of the screening when I get home to pass you on to the next person over to the agent they say they have to read you a legal disclaimer basically you opting out of the Do Not Call List and giving them in the agent to call you. I always reply with yes you already did call me

Any agent buying these leads is exposed to some expensive lessons. If you think you can just call everybody and then ask them after you have on the phone if they agree to opt out of the do not call list you’re pretty naïve.

There does need to be some serious crack down on agents buying these illegal leads. They are not good for our business. It gives all of us a blackeye. And they are as annoying as hell to seniors because I can tell you I’m only 62 years old and I get 50 of them a day.

Just curious what written consent allows us to call a dm lead ? There’s no verbiage at the bottom that says by giving us your # it allows us to call you even if your on the Dnc list . What allows the 1000’s of agents to legally call aged dm leads ? Isn’t there a 90 day time limit to call any lead even if you have the disclosure on the bottom ?

Just curious what written consent allows us to call a dm lead ? There’s no verbiage at the bottom that says by giving us your # it allows us to call you even if your on the Dnc list . What allows the 1000’s of agents to legally call aged dm leads ? Isn’t there a 90 day time limit to call any lead even if you have the disclosure on the bottom ?
There is absolutely a time limit on calling leads for the DNC list. I think it could be argued that if people mail out a reply card that was in their mailbox and wrote in their phone number that the agent is expected to call them and I don't know of any agents that have had any issue with that. But who knows? Maybe that's debatable.
But calling aged leads? No debate there. You have to DNC screen those. Or just door knock them.

Not sure about how it is today but a few years ago it went like this:

_If someone is on the DNC list, does not have any business relationship with you, and they mail in a DM card then you can call anytime within 6 months after the post mark date.

_If someone is on the DNC list, does have a business relationship already with you, and they mail in a DM card you can call them anytime within 18 months.

Phoenix I know you’ve been buying cheap Pakistani transfers . Obviously you know they don’t scrub . It comes with the territory. I’ve talked to several agents that got it . It’ll cost you $4-$6 k to make it go away

What would a US based transfer that followed the rules be worth?

Not sure about how it is today but a few years ago it went like this:

_If someone is on the DNC list, does not have any business relationship with you, and they mail in a DM card then you can call anytime within 6 months after the post mark date.

_If someone is on the DNC list, does have a business relationship already with you, and they mail in a DM card you can call them anytime within 18 months.
6-months has never been allowed on the federal DNC rules. Might be one of the state ones you are thinking of.

Are they actually suing or are they threatening unless you settle?

I was doing some reading on this (after seeing this thread) and some people make a nice side income by catching violations.

I get so many spam texts and calls it's actually a good idea if it's easy to do (ie without having to go to court).

Back