Telemarketing Leads-A new system that I just tried !

I can say that I'm interested... However, I just don't know if I can go out on the limb of getting 50 leads ($500) and my set up fee ($90) before testing the waters.

Perhaps I could listen in some time as you suggested.

EDIT:
I'm also curious if the 40 hour block would have to be used all at once. By my calculations, there would be about 115 in a 40 hour period. (I'm sure this is dependent on the strength of the script). You said there was about 30 hours in a calling week, so I'm assuming if we started on Monday of week one, the 40 hour block would be complete by Tuesday of the next. I am only 1 man, and I could not work 115 in a week. Granted, its only 23 leads to work a day if I spent a week working them, but this would consume some time getting in touch with each and working up some info and running appts, etc. Then I've got leads from the company to work and I would still want to do some of my own prospecting. Thus, I would really want to use 10 hours of that 40 hour block each week (over 4 weeks of course) because I don't want them to go cold while trying to get to them. Is this possible?

Last edited:
So . . . how much qualification is done on each lead? Would you give a summary of the telephone script? How about the same for the lead info?

Too many of us have been burned by telemarketed leads in the past.

Regarding your closing ratio, were you selling REAL health insurance, a discount plan or a stripped down plan (limited benefit) or the junk offered by carriers like Time & GR that are not worth bringing home?

$10 is fine for an exclusive lead. But I would not pay $89 to a stranger or commit $$$ to any length of time.

However, if your system works and I'm making money on my Ohio leads, you'll have my business for years to come. And I'm sure others feel the same way.

Yes, believe me I UNDERSTAND! I was in your same shoes.
We prefer to allow the 40 hour block of time to be split up within a 2 week period. So 20 hours per week. This prevents the caller from switching scripts every day. Once again, we had our best success on the last day of the trial and we contribute that to sticking to a script and getting comfortable with it. Breaking up a campaign for any longer duration would definitely lower the leads per hour!
Also, the qualification is up to you (the agent). I send out a form to you to fill out and list the qualifications you wish. " Please beware though, the more questions asked on the script the lower the leads per hour. Obviously, if you are asking 20 questions on the script, the lead is not going to want to stay on the phone for that long and become irritated. But it is up to you!

Also, I understand people not wanting to commit that amount of money to a stranger. Please give me a call if you wish and I will discuss this in person. The reason I do this is that it is pretty hard to get a good caller to work for a day here and a day there. Also, it takes a while for the AC to get comfortable with the script and we do not want to be jumping back and forth from other scripts. (This is the only reason we ask for 40 commitment)
I also understand everyone being burnt before. I was also! I ask that you pay with credit card so you can protect yourselves. You can always call you credit card company and file a fraudulent claim if we do not complete the order
Also, I always try to get something from the lead to qualify it as a lead. Meaning, I ask for email address, fax, or cell phone number. If the lead does not want to give any information, then it is up to you on wheather you wish to still have the information sent to you.

I hope I have answered all the questions!
Gary

Why not just offer up leads? Why the commitment, if you are so confident of the quality of the lead just offer them as in per lead purchase? If we find your leads great, then we would have to option to purchase private dialing time? As I understand it, you are in S. Georgia which a lot of agents here work. Why not say, hey I have XX free leads or a guarantee of quality on a per lead purchase? In other words, if you are so confident put your money on the line.

Pro's to you, charge more per lead, instead of 10 dollars why not $12.50-$15.00 per lead, making you just as much if not more if people really like the leads. As suggested, if they are good people will line up to buy them.

I do not know how I can guarantee the quality of the lead. Again, I always try to get something from the lead eg.. fax, email, or cell to validate it as a lead. This seems to work best. I can not guarantee a sale though. Once again the reason for the commitment is so we can keep the AC calling on one script and we feel this gives us the best chance to get 3-5 per hour. I want to be as accommodating as I can and work with each agent to make sure they are satisfied. If you wish to purchase a 25 lead minimum then fine, we can do that for $350. I hope this helps and I understand the concerns. I am not forcing any one to do anything and appreciate the feedback!

Gary

Jami "qualified" the lead too by getting a phone number, email, etc. However, when I called the next day I was told they were under the impression something would be mailed to them and they would not have to talk with an agent.

This is NOT a qualified lead.

I am not pre-judging you or your system, but you are going to have to provide more detail if you want some of us to bite.

After talking to many many agents, I have come up with a scenario to make me change my mind on the commitment. Yes, it is important to have the AC stay with a campaign so he becomes comfortable with it. As, I have stated we found this to help increase the leads per hour up to 4.5. If we get 4.5 per hour on a 40 hour campaign, that is 180 leads for the week. Spread over a 2 week campaign it is 90 leads per week. So, what is better to get 90 leads in a week and not be able to call them all or get a little less in leads per hour but make them quality leads and give the agent a certain number per week that he or she can comfortably handle per week?

So here is what I propose: Ten hours per week at $25 per hour or the original plan of the 40 hour per week commitment and the 20 hour per commitment. Also, the $15 per 25 individual lead and $10 per 50 lead which are exclusive.

Jami "qualified" the lead too by getting a phone number, email, etc. However, when I called the next day I was told they were under the impression something would be mailed to them and they would not have to talk with an agent.

This is NOT a qualified lead.

Also, I worked Jami's leads and she very seldom got email addresses for leads for me. I requested it, but she did not do it. We will ask for something in return from the lead to validate it. We will not do what you stated above! I will prove this when someone posts their experience from doing business with us. We will work with each agent's criteria and get whatever information you request!

I hope this has answered the questions you might have and please feel free to ask more. Also, please feel free to contact me via phone.
Gary

what is better to get 90 leads in a week and not be able to call them all or get a little less in leads per hour but make them quality leads and give the agent a certain number per week that he or she can comfortably handle per week?

For me personally, I would rather have fewer leads with more quality.

90 leads per week is too much even if most are tire kickers. They still take up time.

My preference would be 30 leads per week filtered in a similar fashion to my internet leads.

No one under age 25 or over age 60.

Currently insured.

Must be insurable (not pregnant, taking 29 medications, just arrived in this country and is waiting on their green card or on life support and already rejected by 12 carrieres including Mega & United American).

Has a real source of income other than their welfare check.

Has a valid, working phone number and email address.

I would be very interested in your policy on crediting bum leads and would like to know what you consider a bum lead.

I would also prefer business leads vs. consumer leads but we can discuss that further.

Just my two cents. On this Board there have been vendors that have offered FREE LEADS WITH NO COMMITTMENT (Hometown was one). In fact, I am currently trying out a new lead service that gave me a $100 credit. In return, I told them I would critique them on this Forum (which I will do within a few days).

That's a far cry from an $89 setup fee and a minimum purchase requirement. However, if your service works, and I hear raving comments from other Board members, I'll sign up. But I would never give anyone $89 in advance and commit to anything else.

Also, keep in mind...you are not a 10-year old company. You are in your infancy.

But I do wish you luck...but not at the expense of my dollars...yet.

Back