Telemarketing Leads-A new system that I just tried !

For me personally, I would rather have fewer leads with more quality.

90 leads per week is too much even if most are tire kickers. They still take up time.

My preference would be 30 leads per week filtered in a similar fashion to my internet leads.

No one under age 25 or over age 60.

Currently insured.

Must be insurable (not pregnant, taking 29 medications, just arrived in this country and is waiting on their green card or on life support and already rejected by 12 carrieres including Mega & United American).

Has a real source of income other than their welfare check.

Has a valid, working phone number and email address.

I would be very interested in your policy on crediting bum leads and would like to know what you consider a bum lead.

I would also prefer business leads vs. consumer leads but we can discuss that further.

I personally have never had much luck with hiring telemarketing firms. I'm always willing to give it a try again if I find a reason it would be different. Heck, you've got to find business somewhere, and I'm pretty lousy at pure telemarketing.

The leads you describe would be totally awesome. The question is though, from a marketer prospective, how would they make a profit? You're either paying by the hour, or by the lead. By the hour, it doesn't matter, but by the lead, this much screening will probably eliminate 80% of the leads, meaning the cost would have to go up to (I'm guessing) $40-$50 a lead. This actually isn't bad, if you have an interested and qualified prospect, you would probably have a decent closing ratio.

My previous attempts at hiring telemarketers have been at the $7-$10 an hour range, and I found it worth far less than that. I've always wondered if it is a case of you get what you pay for, and if paying a bit better would get me a decent flow of decent leads.

Yes, I'm always looking for the shortcut, no, I never find it.....

Dan

Thanks for all the suggestions and comments! All I can say is that we are building the company around customer service. We are letting the clients choose the criteria for screening, unlike some of the services mentioned. It is still a numbers game! We can get in contact with more people per hour and have the capability to leave messages on answering machines in your voice and put your business phone number on the their caller ID. Unfortunately at this time we can not give away free leads as some members have suggested. We will however, entertain this idea in the future. Our gameplan is to do a good job for our initial clients and let positive feedback dictate whether others on the forum will become clients in this market.
Our website is still in development, but you can go to Flash Intro Page for info

Gary

"Unfortunately at this time we can not give away free leads as some members have suggested"

I must have missed that. I did not see where that was suggested. I believe the point was made that others have done that, but not that you should follow suit.

Here's the bottom line. You might have a big winner. You might have a big loser. Nobody knows. You are asking people to commit to a product that has no track record.

Pay as you go? Sure. You might get a lot of business. Pay in advance?

Let's see. $25 per hour AND $15 per lead AND an $89 setup fee. All this to a service that has 0 satisfied clients at this time (of course...no dissatisfied ones either).

I don't mean to be harsh, but I can't imagine anyone with a good business sense trying this. However...the "pay as you go" method might give you the working capital you need to be successful.

Sorry must have missed my earlier post. Here it is:

So here is what I propose: Ten hours per week at $25 per hour or the original plan of the 40 hour per week commitment and the 20 hour per commitment. Also, the $15 per 25 individual lead and $10 per 50 lead which are exclusive.

This is a pay as you go option. $25 per hour for 10 hours per week. Plus the one time setup fee for data of $89.
Gary

Let's see. $25 per hour AND $15 per lead AND an $89 setup fee. All this to a service that has 0 satisfied clients at this time (of course...no dissatisfied ones either).

No, it is not $25 per hour and $15 per lead. It is a either or option. Ah, I now see why you said " no one with business sense would do this" You thought it was both. No, it is either or , you have the option!
Please call with questions
Gary

Sorry must have missed my earlier post. Here it is:

So here is what I propose: Ten hours per week at $25 per hour or the original plan of the 40 hour per week commitment and the 20 hour per commitment. Also, the $15 per 25 individual lead and $10 per 50 lead which are exclusive.

This is a pay as you go option. $25 per hour for 10 hours per week. Plus the one time setup fee for data of $89.
Gary

Gary

I just want to be clear, you run the numbers together in the same paragraph, so it seems they all go together. What I think you really mean is:
Your choice of one of the following:
- 40 hours of exclusive telemarketing, one week, $20 and hour.
or
- 2 weeks of exlusive telemarketing, 10 hours per week, 20 hours total at $25 per hour
or
- Buy 50 exclusive leads at $10 each.
or
- Buy 25 exlusive leads at $15 each.

Each option carries an $89 setup fee.

Is this correct? I'm assuming it is based on your response to an earlier question, but it still isn't clear.

Also, I'm curious what it is you telemarket. Is it only health or do you do P&C as well?

Dan

Gary and Dan...thank you for making it a bit clearer. It sounds better, but that $89 setup fee (in my opinion) will keep some people away.

Re the 10 hours at $25 per hour...Jami billed AFTER the work was done...not in advance. Would you do the same?

Yes this is correct except for the 2 week option. I also as stated on the previous post, because an agent will not be able to work that many leads per week we also offered a per week basis and the costs is this. No we have not tried the P&C market. That does not mean it will not work. If you wish to contact me, I would be more than happy to discuss how we can help you. I would also be willing to give a reduced rate for a test.

10 hours a week for a week by week commitment for $25 per hour.

- 40 hours of exclusive telemarketing, one week, $20 and hour.
or
- 40 hours of exclusive telemarketing, 20 hours per week, 40 hours total at $20 per hour. this is just the same option as above ,but broken up over 2 weeks so the agent does not get flooded with leads he can not handle.
or
- Buy 50 exclusive leads at $10 each.
or
- Buy 25 exlusive leads at $15 each.

Each option carries an $89 setup fee.

Thanks for the feedback! We have tested the system with health insurance and got the stated numbers. We feel it is an excellent market for this. Life insurance is an ok market, and P&C we have not test with yet. Also med supp has not been tested. So based on our test runs for health insurance, no one will be a guinea pig as you stated. If someone has a market we have not tried yet, we are more than willing to give a discount for a test.

Also, I am looking at more options for data. It seems there are some concerns about the $89 fee. I will keep the forum posted if I can find good data for a less expensive price. Currently data cost about 5 cents per piece, so that puts us at $125 for a 2500 number campaign. this means we lose $30 just on data itself.
Also, if anyone wishes to do an online live demo please let me know.
Gary

Back