Term $300K Medical Issues and Weightloss

I just wonder if there is even a chance to get below client written at this point.

He is looking for $300K for 15 years , would also go Term with $99K

Client : DOB 10/21/1956
male
smoker
2001 stint
depression, anxiety on meds, controlled
Osteo Arthritis
Diabetes on insulin since minimum of age 47
Weight-loss last year 30 pounds
outstanding tests for weight-loss ( no cancer)

Who would write him at all and if yes what is min table rating? Quotes?

Thanks so much
:err:

This is up creek minus paddle territory for term. If he needed insulin either he was atrocious at diabetes control and the stent will need to figure out the current extent of any damage but that usually a minimum table for alone. Smoker won't help him either, watch for possible early stage COPD/emphysema if he's been (likely) smoking for at least 30-40 years.

More likely he's GI/FE.

I just wonder if there is even a chance to get below client written at this point.

He is looking for $300K for 15 years , would also go Term with $99K

Client : DOB 10/21/1956
male
smoker
2001 STENT
depression, anxiety on meds, controlled
Osteo Arthritis
Diabetes on insulin since minimum of age 47
Weight-loss last year 30 pounds
outstanding tests for weight-loss ( no cancer)

Who would write him at all and if yes what is min table rating? Quotes?

Thanks so much
:err:

Hi FarmGirl,

I'm a Life Ins Underwriter.

CAD with 1 stent - (hypothetically) severe single vessel disease, Gen Re manual 2 table plus 2 more for still smoking.
DMII x 19 years = 2 table, in combo with CAD, 1-2 more tables, addl tables subject to A1c level.

Depression/anxiety stable, +0
Build +?

So you're easily at T-7 Tobacco bare minimum and this is the exact profile that jumps to decline very quickly.

Hint - If you get a high substandard or decline, you can always request "facultative reinsurance". Most companies will shop it for you at a face of 250k and above - but you have to ask. They rarely do it automatically.

Back