Terminated for cause State Farm

To be clear, you were employed by the local agent/agency, correct? If you were not employed by State Farm, they cant terminate you. They likely told the agent he would be terminated based on the findings of the auditor that you had either caused them to incur excessive fees for running MVR/credit based reports or that you didn’t obtain permission from the direct party you were running the reports on.

they can terminate your appointment, which will make you useless to the agent you work for.

they can terminate your appointment, which will make you useless to the agent you work for.

Lots of carriers dont appoint the employees of the agent in PC. The agent who has a contract with the carrier is appointed & then the employees of the agents may be appointed to the agent as a solicitor

the way I read the post, he doesnt actually work for State Farm. he works for a local agent, but I could have read that wrong

If it was the State Farm internal auditor (if they have the power to terminate) then it's SF corporate that made the decision.

Just reading it as I read it.

So I explained everything to the auditor and State Farm, and they terminated me and didn’t even give me the specific details or written form for why they concluded to this.

So the question I would ask is: WHO told you you were terminated?
- Was it the agent?
- Or was it some corporate people?

If it was the State Farm internal auditor (if they have the power to terminate) then it's SF corporate that made the decision.

Just reading it as I read it.

So the question I would ask is: WHO told you you were terminated?
- Was it the agent?
- Or was it some corporate people?

my appointment was terminated, which in turn made me useless to the agency, and so therefore my boss, the agency owner had to let me go.

I used to work for a State Farm office about 10 years ago. It's been a while, and things may have changed, but back then a State Farm agent could only hire and keep an employee with State Farm's blessing.

As far as the op's question, it sounds like he was sacrificed for whatever trouble State Farm is in, and yes he should hire a labor attorney. However, if he didn't get signed waivers to run MVR's, then that will count against him.

I am curious, though, wwgsrevo, why are you posting about it now 15 months later?

I used to work for a State Farm office about 10 years ago. It's been a while, and things may have changed, but back then a State Farm agent could only hire and keep an employee with State Farm's blessing.

As far as the op's question, it sounds like he was sacrificed for whatever trouble State Farm is in, and yes he should hire a labor attorney. However, if he didn't get signed waivers to run MVR's, then that will count against him.

I am curious, though, wwgsrevo, why are you posting about it now 15 months later?

State farm doesn't have a signed waiver to send out for consent, you just had to ask the person directly. Which I did for every single person. I have never been reported for unauthorized pulls.

Because, I just realized now that State farm is filing a termination for cause into my profile to the commerce dept, and I want to go independent now, but I am going to be flagged for this. This is why I may have to sue.

Back