I paid $6.60 this morning.

Vote the bums out.

How many of them own and rely on an electric car, truck or suv?

California Gas Prices Could Easily Reach $10 Per Gallon California Gas Prices Could Easily Reach $10 Per Gallon | Jake Wells | NewsBreak Original

The idiocy of the push to electric is that our power grids won't be able to handle it. Tesla recently asked Texas owners to limit when they charge due to the stress on the grid because of the heat.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/tesla-asks-texan-owners-to-limit-charging-due-to-heat-wave

We've seen other states have rolling blackouts over the years. Now imagine another 50-100 million cars attempting to charge their vehicles.

I thought of this thread last week. My mechanic, who specializes in European cars and is a Chevy guy not Ford (if that tells you anything), broke down and bought an old Prius for cheap. Needed body work or something so he got a good deal.

He said he drives the Prius 90mph down the hwy each morning on his 40 mile drive to work. He said it wont keep up with his E320 off the line, but he considers it "respectable" being electric, especially the top end speeds.

The idiocy of the push to electric is that our power grids won't be able to handle it. Tesla recently asked Texas owners to limit when they charge due to the stress on the grid because of the heat.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/tesla-asks-texan-owners-to-limit-charging-due-to-heat-wave

We've seen other states have rolling blackouts over the years. Now imagine another 50-100 million cars attempting to charge their vehicles.

That is because Texas has a sh*t power grid due to massive deregulation of basic safety standards & redundancies to ensure uninterrupted power flow.

Many Tesla owners also own solar panels on their roof and are not taking from the grid on a regular basis. Many charging stations around my area use solar panels to help power the charging.

With increased electric cars, we would naturally have increased solar panels. We are already increasing solar panel installation at an increasing rate.

That is because Texas has a sh*t power grid due to massive deregulation of basic safety standards & redundancies to ensure uninterrupted power flow.

California has blackouts and Grey outs as well. Due to government regulations. Don't even get me started on water issues. There was an article a while back about all the legislators that drive gas guzzlers. That we pions pay for. The hypocrisy is deep with them. Top down.

Tesla owners own houses with solar panels? Rich people problems. What do you guys do if you are not home and need power? Or decide like I did this weekend and head to the mountains?

California has blackouts and Grey outs as well. Due to government regulations. Don't even get me started on water issues. There was an article a while back about all the legislators that drive gas guzzlers. That we pions pay for. The hypocrisy is deep with them. Top down.

Tesla owners own houses with solar panels? Rich people problems. What do you guys do if you are not home and need power? Or decide like I did this weekend and head to the mountains?

Texas is a world unto itself within the power grid. While most of the US falls under the Federal power grid, Texas has set up it's own grid.. free from fed interference.

Texplainer: Why does Texas have its own power grid?

Also, the issue with the grid is that it is allowed to pass on expenses for expansion to consumers (about 10% over costs) but does not count with maintenance. With a natural monopoly, there is no incentive to do upkeep of services.

Yes, there is a history of deregulation, but lobbying on behalf of energy companies is why solar is so high. A decentralized power grid, long term, will always be an optimum choice. The cost is just insane.

When I went to price solar, for my home.. 100% coverage with a battery was over 54k with the incentive dropping it around 30-40k.

From the president on down hypocrisy.

Let them eat cake.

I just Venmo'd my gardener a bonus to help him with fuel and cost. Sure, 'wealthy' elite can just say buy a Tesla. Not do it, but say it. My one man shop gardener can't.

I don't disagree that some "Christians" are terrible representatives. But there's a decent portion of society that will always ridicule anything to do with Christianity no matter how "nice" a Christian is. It's the "hip" thing to do now. You see it across tv and movies regularly. And that's fine.

Christians aren't getting ridiculed for doing Christ-like things like opening soup kitchens or turning the other cheek, they're getting ridiculed for weird neo-evangelical behavior. The Puritans had a scholarly tradition (see: Harvard, Yale). They were concerned with God and nature, God and pursuits of the mind, God and present times. Today's evangelical Christians are anti-intellectual, concerned with winning over converts and the notion that the end times are right around the corner.

Society thinks a Christian is evil because they believe there is an actual life in the womb and it deserves a chance to live. Society thinks a Christian is evil because he/she believes God when the scripture said He created man in His own image....male and female, He created them. Just sharing those two things causes people who don't agree to have strongly negative views of Christians which is why I asked if Travis really believed when he said

Society doesn't think Christians are evil for having those beliefs. They're evil for committing acts of violence against people that don't share those beliefs.

Christians aren't getting ridiculed for doing Christ-like things like opening soup kitchens or turning the other cheek, they're getting ridiculed for weird neo-evangelical behavior. The Puritans had a scholarly tradition (see: Harvard, Yale). They were concerned with God and nature, God and pursuits of the mind, God and present times. Today's evangelical Christians are anti-intellectual, concerned with winning over converts and the notion that the end times are right around the corner.

Society doesn't think Christians are evil for having those beliefs. They're evil for committing acts of violence against people that don't share those beliefs.

Because anti-abortion violence happens so often, right? I guess you and I are hearing different things from pro-choice and the LGBTQ crowd.

You are welcome to your beliefs as am I. But your beliefs don’t change my personal experience. Nor will I debate my personal experience.

Back