• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.
Im good on that.

But you could give an example of how since leaving prison, he was so terrible a person that he deserved to die and the world is better off without him.

If he was out there still terrorizing pregnant ladies... then I might just agree with you. But so far the facts Im aware of say he was a drug user who possibly resisted arrest and possibly tried to pass off a counterfeit $20 bill.

Even if he was a murder suspect who def did it, he still did not deserve to die without due process.
Possibly, hahaha.....it was on video.

Last post then I'm going back outside.

I really don't think the "world is better off" discussion is useful in cases like George Floyd. Yes, he was a drug addict with a bad past who was contributing essentially nothing to society. Is there some calculation that would show it's a net positive when we lose people like that? Probably.

But that's based on the false assumption there are two options for people like that; existing as they are or not existing. The best outcome is for them to stop being addicts and living like that, and that's not impossible.

What would have happened if Floyd didn't die and was just arrested? Any chance he would've ended up getting real, science-based treatment with a reasonable chance of success for his addiction?

No. He would've been back to his same life in a hurry. Let's talk about that instead debating the other "better off."

Last post then I'm going back outside.

I really don't think the "world is better off" discussion is useful in cases like George Floyd. Yes, he was a drug addict with a bad past who was contributing essentially nothing to society. Is there some calculation that would show it's a net positive when we lose people like that? Probably.

But that's based on the false assumption there are two options for people like that; existing as they are or not existing. The best outcome is for them to stop being addicts and living like that, and that's not impossible.

What would have happened if Floyd didn't die and was just arrested? Any chance he would've ended up getting real, science-based treatment with a reasonable chance of success for his addiction?

No. He would've been back to his same life in a hurry. Let's talk about that instead debating the other "better off."

We may all be better off going outside than debating this on the internet, lol.

What was this thread about???

How dare you confuse the issue with facts.

greta-how-dare-you.gif

Back