Texas Homeowners: Nationwide Allied Vs. State Farm

opus

Just last year State Farm jacked up my premium from $1286 to $1574 a year, so I'm shopping for some new insurance. I know someone that sells Farmers insurance, so I had him give me a quote, but he said he wouldn't be able to save me very much over State Farm. But Nationwide Allied seems to be a whole different ballgame. I got a quote last year from the Reed Agency in Austin by email and it was for $1149 a year, and the coverages were almost identical to my current State Farm coverage. I just had the Reed Agency give me an updated quote since I was really ready to switch, and now the quote is just $859 a year with the Nationwide Allied coverage. why is it so much cheaper? is there something wrong with them compared to Farmers or State Farm??

Rates are funny that way. As long as your comparing apples to apples you're in good shape, but the premiums can very drastically. When I was at Allstate we took folks from Kemper and saved them $800/year between their home and two cars. Exact same risk, companies just are assessing risk differently and sometimes you can save quite a bit by going with another good company.

Back