Thank you's for new life clients

Everybody sends cards that say thank you. Some even buy them from the insurance company or have the company send them out. The card is real creative, it says "Thank you". Tacky, tacky, tacky.

Send them a personal letter saying thanks. I use a very nice light gray, laid finish 25% cotton stationary with matching envelopes. I can also send you a copy of that along with the birthday letter when I get your e-mail address.

Competition is getting too tough to not put forth a little extra effort and yes, expense if necessary to separate yourself from the crowd. You are investing in your business. Not doing what everyone else does has served me well.

James,

You're joking right? It's illegal to rebate in CA. Just send them the lap dance BEFORE they sign on the dotted line that way there's no confusion with rebates. Of course that could get pretty expensive especially if they don't end up buying!

I have never sent thank you cards. I do try to take the client to lunch or send them a gift card to a decent restaurant. I had clients send me thank you cards. I just felt thank you cards were uncomfortable, I do send birthday cards.

From my understanding it is illegal to rebate here in California. Interpretation of course could mean the difference.

Please describe what "rebating" means to you?

Back