The best final expense carrier?

I’m glad you could enjoy contract hunting elsewhere probably why we don’t work together.

One thing I've noticed about you is you never say anything nice about anyone unless it's your upline, you try to ridicule everyone else, and your negativity gives the impression you are a loser with a big mouth...lol. Not trying to start an argument with you, just sharing an observation that you might not be aware of. Hope it helps you make an adjustment for the better.

You seem to be dodging a lot of questions here sir

Is that true Greg? Senior life will provide fixed cost to a non captive agency ? Tell me it ain’t so. Don’t sound like the Powells. Baseball you need to get those commissions much higher . 130% for an agency doing $200k 2 months in a row. That sounds like FFL koolaide. Their at 140% almost anywhere if they know how to negotiate . Hell any 1/2 writing agent can get 130% with many carriers.

PPL (premium per lead) is tracked. Assume 5 sales with 20 leads. 5 sales x $50 premium x 12 = $3000 AP. $3000 AP / 20 leads = $150 PPL.

If an agent is ordering fixed price leads then their PPL needs to be close to $150. Otherwise it's obvious that agent is using some of those leads to write business with the competition (or just not working the leads). That agent would be kicked off the lead program.

Sr Life is not going to help the competition, in fact we're eating the competitions' lunch and pissing in their cereal...lol. Anyone that's been paying attention the last few years has sat up and noticed that Sr Life is becoming a force to be reckoned with.

There's a few guys on this forum that were bad mouthing Sr Life a few years ago and now they are appointed with Sr Life. That should tell you something.

You seem to forget that Sr Life does DM drops on credit for fixed price leads (no pre payment beforehand). And they don't mail to PO boxes either. That's because the upline cosigns for the lead drop to be done with no upfront $$$. Another great way we help agents kick start their career with us. But you don't enjoy this where you are at now do you? Does your upline do that for you? No need to answer as I know the answer is "no". Why don't you make your upline do this to earn his overwrites on your hard work?

There's a lot more SL does to help agents. They will let you do DM drops for only $375 per 1000 if you want to specify mailing just to females, specific ages, income, etc. You on the other hand are forced to put up approx. $500 first before you can mail out 1000 pieces with a vendor. Now that I'm putting this info up here, I'm starting to see why you are such a negative person up here. No time for back and forth up here as I have a busy day.

Hope you have one too. If not then you'll be up here most of the day...lol.

Last edited:
I rarely run into Senior life and if I do it’s mostly a rop . Irregardless I replace it as my products far superior . But I agree the guys bad mouthing Senior life now with them. The legacy means nothing even if it’s true . When we make a sale our clients forget everything the second we walk out the door . Why do you think it’s possible for so many agents to WRITE $150 k or more . You noticed I put write . There’s so much replacement of business in fe .

I rarely run into Senior life and if I do it’s mostly a rop . Irregardless I replace it as my products far superior . But I agree the guys bad mouthing Senior life now with them. The legacy means nothing even if it’s true . When we make a sale our clients forget everything the second we walk out the door . Why do you think it’s possible for so many agents to WRITE $150 k or more . You noticed I put write . There’s so much replacement of business in fe .
Yeah, I've never run into a SL policy. :no:

That's great! You are actually doing the "adverse selection" by cleaning up the book of business, eliminating the unhealthy and placing them with the competition....lol.

You may be getting replaced a lot, but I and the SL agents that I know don't experience this replacement that you refer to. How could an agent, or a carrier, stay in business if they got replaced the way you describe? You're so full of hot air.

If your clients forget everything once you walk out the door then you need to be trained on how to "salt the business down". At SL we have agents writing way over $150k for the year and they don't rely on trying to replace. They work fresh exclusive leads each week and put in the grind.

Question: If you have the best products/carriers then why do you get replaced so much? Inquiring minds want to know.

Last edited:
I wish I was at 140%. I am working on that right now since these new guidelines came out earlier this year. Everyone can promote them self to higher commission levels based on production. There is no upline to hold you back....you promote yourself!

As you can see, new agents start at 90% or higher. This protects new agents from getting abused with super low contracts. See the commission example below this image.

View attachment 7417

HERE'S THE INFO ON HOW YOU GET PAID:
Let's assume you are on an 90% contract (that's our starting contract and you can promote yourself up to 150%!), you order 20 fresh exclusive leads, and you only get 5 applications out of those 20 leads (15 out of 20 were no's!). Assume each of the 5 applications' monthly premiums is $55 each (which is average).

Here's what you would make:
$55 monthly premium x 12 months x 90% comm. x 60% advance =$356.40 advance commissions per sale.
$356.40 advance per sale x 5 sales = $1782.00 in advanced commissions earned. Your profit is $1782 - $640 (price of 20 leads) = $1142.00! Not bad. That's $1142.00 deposited into your bank account! Most of our sales team can knock out 20 leads in 3-4 days. That means you could work 20 leads each week, make $1142.00, work 3-4 days, and enjoy a 3-4 day weekend! In the winter time with shorter days it takes 4-5 days to knock out 20 leads.
AND
if your commission is higher than 90% you would make more. Also if you got 6 applications instead of 5 you would make $1498.00 in advances that week!
AND
since you get 60% commission up front, you get the other 40% on months 8-12 after deductions for charge-backs.
AND
starting on the 13th month you start receiving life time renewals FOREVER as long as that piece of business stays on the books!
PLUS
the lead charge is a tax deduction (Sr Life sends this figure to you at the end of the year for taxes).
PLUS
your mileage driven for business when using your personal vehicle is tax deductible too!
(For tele-sales you wouldn't be deducting any mileage.)

NOTE 60% ADVANCE WAS USED ABOVE. THAT'S SO CHARGE BACKS ARE DEDUCTED FROM THE BACKEND (40%) AND NOT DEDUCTED FROM YOUR ADVANCES.

75% ADVANCES ARE ALSO AVAILABLE BUT THEN THE CHARGE BACKS ARE DEDUCTED FROM YOUR ADVANCES JUST LIKE ALL THE OTHER CARRIERS.

As we can see, it's not the contract level, it's the contact level, that has the biggest influence on your success.

If your carrier(s) don't have a lead program available for you (TV, DM, etc.) OR your manager will not cosign for your leads ,so you can get those leads on credit, then call me for a confidential conversation.

Hope this info clarifies things.

Anyone should feel free to call me. This is not captive either.

But - you better write new business every 3 - 6 months or you will get terminated and receive that nasty letter saying you need to pay back all unearned commissions for you and anyone you have recruited . . .

Back