The best graph I’ve seen breaking down new part D but very complicated

DonP

Guru
1000 Post Club
Saw this online . Supposedly there’s enchanced and basic plans that price drugs differently to consumer? Nobody really knows exactly what expenses count toward a person moop .So in reality the $2000 max out of pocket can be reached when a client pays far less than the $2000as examples 2,3 and 4 show . There’s no real way for an agent to calculate these. It’s done in the background

Attachments

• 9A6FF48E-8F76-49DE-87CD-AA54528A4AEE.jpeg
    9A6FF48E-8F76-49DE-87CD-AA54528A4AEE.jpeg
    130.8 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Saw this online . Supposedly there’s enchanced and basic plans that price drugs differently to consumer? Nobody really knows exactly what expenses count toward a person moop .So in reality the $2000 max out of pocket can be reached when a client pays far less than the $2000as examples 2,3 and 4 show . There’s no real way for an agent to calculate these. It’s done in the background
With out the monthly plan cost or premiums, a chart like that is worthless , a formulary with tiers would be helpful

With out the monthly plan cost or premiums, a chart like that is worthless , a formulary with tiers would be helpful
I think that’s for a mapd with no premium . And the drug in example is eliquis tier3. That used an example if drug retail $1000 a month . It’s basically for an example of how much goes toward troop . What I find interesting is the higher out of pocket basic plan total amount is applicable toward the troop on better plan . They count the higher out of pocket door n the worst plan as the same out of pocket on better plan

Total cost (prem + oop costs) is all that matters,. If the plan above costs more then $120 month, then it's a wash compared to a $0 premium pdp plan.

I saw this earlier this week. It is pretty helpful, but like hockeyday pointed out without the part d premium, its doest tell the whole story.

The page we are looking at, is page 4 out of a 5 page "FAQs" document. so its little bit out of context.

I interpreted the illustration to show us that us that on row 2 and 3, we are seeing what it would like like for a person who has either a PDP or MAPD. In either of these scenarios, the plan is richer than the benchmark plan, ($590 ded) and that gives the member more advantages with counting money towards the troop.

It's my understanding that the company that designed this illustration, will have 2 PDP's for the coming year, with similars structure to what we are seeing. One expanded formulary, and one lesser. One with higher deductible and one lower. Both plans will have a similar premium, and it is not low, the low will be higher than it is currently, and high plan will be lower than it is currently. Not sure how much I am allowed to say... ha

I have been thinking about this lately. You could probably make a case that a person should have the more expensive PDP, and the lower cost plan N, versus a cheaper PDP and a Plan G/F. The reality is, people use the PDP more often than the medigap, in many scenarios.

I saw this earlier this week. It is pretty helpful, but like hockeyday pointed out without the part d premium, its doest tell the whole story.

The page we are looking at, is page 4 out of a 5 page "FAQs" document. so its little bit out of context.

I interpreted the illustration to show us that us that on row 2 and 3, we are seeing what it would like like for a person who has either a PDP or MAPD. In either of these scenarios, the plan is richer than the benchmark plan, ($590 ded) and that gives the member more advantages with counting money towards the troop.

It's my understanding that the company that designed this illustration, will have 2 PDP's for the coming year, with similars structure to what we are seeing. One expanded formulary, and one lesser. One with higher deductible and one lower. Both plans will have a similar premium, and it is not low, the low will be higher than it is currently, and high plan will be lower than it is currently. Not sure how much I am allowed to say... ha

I have been thinking about this lately. You could probably make a case that a person should have the more expensive PDP, and the lower cost plan N, versus a cheaper PDP and a Plan G/F. The reality is, people use the PDP more often than the medigap, in many scenarios.
If the person can handle some record keeping, do not forget HDG as another plan N alternative.

If the person can handle some record keeping, do not forget HDG as another plan N alternative.

I havent sold one of those yet. But I anticipate it is in the future!

LD I just helped a friend get licensed in KS! Did you know there is no pre-licensing exam requirement in KS? You can just go online and take the test, from the comfort of your home. There is a proctor, but it's a video call. If you fail, you just wait a week, and give it another shot!

I think that’s for a mapd with no premium . And the drug in example is eliquis tier3. That used an example if drug retail $1000 a month . It’s basically for an example of how much goes toward troop . What I find interesting is the higher out of pocket basic plan total amount is applicable toward the troop on better plan . They count the higher out of pocket door n the worst plan as the same out of pocket on better plan

that 1000.00 drug cost example is about what ozempic cost.Assuming ozempic stays tier 3 in most big plans it will make a big difference on what someone pays on for example UHC MA 47.00 copay vs aetna 24%.

Why in the hell would they use the standard 25% cost rather than what the client actually pays? Another reason most Tier 3’s are also a %. If a client is taking over $1000.00/month then they can at least pay their full $2000.00 max oop. BCBS MA is only plan I’ve seen so far that still has a $47.00 tier 3 copay on their MAPD’s.

This was the main concern of the Aetna lady I listened to, using the 25% and also getting screwed on the awesome smoothing idea someone dreamed up. I wonder if the people who approved this bill had any idea how bad they were gonna screw up the PDP’s.

that 1000.00 drug cost example is about what ozempic cost.Assuming ozempic stays tier 3 in most big plans it will make a big difference on what someone pays on for example UHC MA 47.00 copay vs aetna 24%.
All Aetna’s plans I looked at are a % and not copay . There going to screw clients bad . There not even showing their dual dsnp food card amount in our area . Aetna cancelling 1000’s of plans and not cross walking them to the 200’s of new plans shows you what a shit outfit they are . You said you have a lot of dsnps . I’ve spent 50 hrs manually pulling peoples Medicaid levels . All fbde’s , qmb plus and slmb plus will qualify for $50 to $80 a mo th more food cards on new United full Medicaid plan in every state I looked at on there new dsnp . You move them or I assure you a call center moves them

Back