The Best Referral Card

Denniston

Expert
Hey Everyone,
I'm just getting started and I'm wanting to generate referrals from my personal network. I'm thinking of sending them a letter with a couple of postcard sized referral cards. Is it best to have space for a few contacts and have them send it back to me or is it better to have them give the postcard to a friend, and have the friend contact me?
Any better ideas on started to gather referrals?
Does anyone have a template for what they feel is the best referral card?

Thanks in advance.

Hey Everyone,
I'm just getting started and I'm wanting to generate referrals from my personal network. I'm thinking of sending them a letter with a couple of postcard sized referral cards. Is it best to have space for a few contacts and have them send it back to me or is it better to have them give the postcard to a friend, and have the friend contact me?

Thanks in advance.

Did your personal network already buy from you? Or are you selling something that they may not necessarily need because it's a niche? Or are you asking people for referrals, hoping that it's also an easy way to introduce them to the fact that you are now selling insurance, and perhaps get some business from them as well?

That may make a difference in how to best approach things....

Hey Everyone,

Thanks in advance.

Are you looking for something like this?
Referral Card (Individual Clients)

I would send a heart-felt letter, such as this one:
https://www.insuranceproshop.com/Articles/marketingarticle6.html

Most people wont take the time to fill out these things, may be few in your family will. Focus on earning referals and improving your fact find. I would recommend start reading Bill Cates and signing up for his email newsletter.

The biggest thing is to have a referal mindset. Each prospect you meet will die someday and on average 150 to 200 people will show up for their funeral. So if you can find a way to get in front of 2% of these people, you will never run out of names. Is it easy to get these names, NO. Can your first few clients introduce you to very few of them over time. Probably with good practice and patience.

Referrals are earned through an experience.

When people refer others to a movie, they are referring an experience.

When people refer their doctor or attorney, they are referring a professional relationship.

Do you offer an experience that leads to building a relationship? Are you sincere, genuine, and offer a meaningful experience that is worth referring?

THAT is how you earn the RIGHT to ask for referrals without feeling like you're imposing on the relationship.

Most people wont take the time to fill out these things, may be few in your family will. Focus on earning referals and improving your fact find. I would recommend start reading Bill Cates and signing up for his email newsletter.

The biggest thing is to have a referal mindset. Each prospect you meet will die someday and on average 150 to 200 people will show up for their funeral. So if you can find a way to get in front of 2% of these people, you will never run out of names. Is it easy to get these names, NO. Can your first few clients introduce you to very few of them over time. Probably with good practice and patience.

Here's an idea troll the ebegging sites for people asking for funds for a burial and offer them some cash to "sponser" part of the funeral.

You can always work the obituarys.

I create magnates biz cards and put them on my referral partner's metal file cabinets next to their phone. If it isn't a business referral partner, I get magnetic Emergency Contact cards with my name on them. When I deliver the policy in person, with their personally laminated proof of insurance, I place the magnet with my magnet biz card on the refrigerator. I have been getting tons of referral business this way.

Referrals are earned through an experience.

When people refer others to a movie, they are referring an experience.

When people refer their doctor or attorney, they are referring a professional relationship.

Do you offer an experience that leads to building a relationship? Are you sincere, genuine, and offer a meaningful experience that is worth referring?

THAT is how you earn the RIGHT to ask for referrals without feeling like you're imposing on the relationship.

That is a very interesting comment.

I had some plumbing work done recently. $95 an hour, plus somebody's list price on parts plus plumber kept brass scrap. Several hundred dollars total.

Some of the work I might have been able to do myself, some I definitely could not have. Plumber was capable, courteous and efficient. Cleaned up as he went, answered some side questions.

Historically, in this situation I would have stewed about the amount of money I spent. I was struck, after he left, that the thought in my mind was how pleasant the experience was.

Back