The Continuing Saga Of CLASS

The problem is it gives people hope the government will take care of LTC.

Until we have something to compare what we offer versus what they offer, its a problem, IMO.

Then we'll have to be significantly "better" or its a problem.

we would then start selling LTCi supplements to fill the holes. but i don't think it will ever get off the ground.

Can you at least try to rebut my statement?

My Dear Mr. NADM, Sir...................

You & I have been at odds on CLASS from the day this stupid piece of legislation was introduced. It's not an issue of sustainabilty (no one with any common sense thinks it's sustainable) nor is it an issue as to whether at the end of the day will the US taxpayer be subsidising it (they will), it all has to do with this:

"This business is tough enough, I don't need the government to compete with me!"

You don't see CLASS as your competition, you see it as great advertising & marketing tool for LTCi. And, I understand your thinking, but what I've been trying to explain to you for 2 years is that #1, you're misguided in your thinking, and #2, the public out there, who we have to deal with on a daily basis is stupid! (No, I didn't say that) (Well, OK I said it!)

Case in point:
We have all come up with prospects who tell us that they have a great LTC policy from their employer. It's terrific, it's cheap and it's wonderful. You say "really, what are the benefits?" And they say.................... "I don't know but my company did all the research & endorsed it so it must be good".

When you finally get to see the contract, you find out that this 45 year old employee has a $150/day benefit for 3 years without an inflation rider.

BUT.................. He has a LTC policy, so there's no need to solicit him. If you're marketing LTCi, chances are this person will never respond to your solicitation because they already have a policy, why would they want to speak with you when they're already covered?

Someone buys CLASS... hey, they're covered! Why would they need to speak with a LTCi agent when they already have a LTC policy? It doesn't matter if the policy is a piece of crap, THEY'RE COVERED!

Look at how many people you speak with that think their health insurance will cover LTC services, forever if needed? How many people on Medicare think Medicare will cover LTC services, forever if needed? Healthy & wealthy people think Medicaid will cover them. The stupidity out there sometimes amazes me.

The point is, if people have a CLASS policy, they will think they're covered and the bottom line is:
You will never get to talk with them.

So, your theory of sitting down with a CLASS policyholder and telling them that you have something better, will never happen. They don't need you, they already have a policy!

If 5 million people join CLASS, that's 5 million less prospects that you & I will get to talk with and THAT'S why you better hope & pray that you don't get what you wish for.

CLASS is nothing more than a political piece of garbage and if we're lucky, it will go away.

How's that for a rebuttal?

Why is the CLASS Act NOT a piece of coal compared to diamond-like LTCi policies?

Don't you realize how easy it will be to replace the CLASS Act after someone signs up for it?

Everyone who buys the CLASS Act will have already said "yes" to LTCi. Once we show them that they can get better benefits for less money with better guarantees, they will drop CLASS in a heartbeat and sign up for LTCi. Through CLASS the federal gov't does the selling for us.

nadm

Silence from Arthur......
I suspect he's finally realized I'm right about CLASS.

"Silence from Arthur......
I suspect he's finally realized I'm right about CLASS"

Scotty,
SIT DOWN AND GO TO THE BACK OF THE CLASS!

You obviously missed my post........

:no:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"Silence from NADM......
I suspect he's finally realized I'm right about CLASS"

Last edited:

My Dear Mr. NADM, Sir...................

You & I have been at odds on CLASS from the day this stupid piece of legislation was introduced. It's not an issue of sustainabilty (no one with any common sense thinks it's sustainable) nor is it an issue as to whether at the end of the day will the US taxpayer be subsidising it (they will), it all has to do with this:

"This business is tough enough, I don't need the government to compete with me!"

You don't see CLASS as your competition, you see it as great advertising & marketing tool for LTCi. And, I understand your thinking, but what I've been trying to explain to you for 2 years is that #1, you're misguided in your thinking, and #2, the public out there, who we have to deal with on a daily basis is stupid! (No, I didn't say that) (Well, OK I said it!)

Case in point:
We have all come up with prospects who tell us that they have a great LTC policy from their employer. It's terrific, it's cheap and it's wonderful. You say "really, what are the benefits?" And they say.................... "I don't know but my company did all the research & endorsed it so it must be good".

When you finally get to see the contract, you find out that this 45 year old employee has a $150/day benefit for 3 years without an inflation rider.

BUT.................. He has a LTC policy, so there's no need to solicit him. If you're marketing LTCi, chances are this person will never respond to your solicitation because they already have a policy, why would they want to speak with you when they're already covered?

Someone buys CLASS... hey, they're covered! Why would they need to speak with a LTCi agent when they already have a LTC policy? It doesn't matter if the policy is a piece of crap, THEY'RE COVERED!

Look at how many people you speak with that think their health insurance will cover LTC services, forever if needed? How many people on Medicare think Medicare will cover LTC services, forever if needed? Healthy & wealthy people think Medicaid will cover them. The stupidity out there sometimes amazes me.

The point is, if people have a CLASS policy, they will think they're covered and the bottom line is:
You will never get to talk with them.

So, your theory of sitting down with a CLASS policyholder and telling them that you have something better, will never happen. They don't need you, they already have a policy!

If 5 million people join CLASS, that's 5 million less prospects that you & I will get to talk with and THAT'S why you better hope & pray that you don't get what you wish for.

CLASS is nothing more than a political piece of garbage and if we're lucky, it will go away.

How's that for a rebuttal?

Arthur, you can reach a lot more people by giving up "sitting down with people" and use this new thing that Al Gore created....

The government will try to get this off the ground because it will be another general fund they can "borrow" from like the bankrupt Medi-fund. When it is passed through the normal governmental process of convoluded figures and legal terms to sound like a great idea, have paid off ivy-league professors to write their error loaded reviews, and market it in the billions of dollars with your tax dollars, people will finally accept this strategically designed fradulent program designed specifically at working toward voulentary taxation.

To assume a government can operate ANY business with the fiscal competitiveness, service levels and delivered value as a private company is fooling themselves. The way our government is allowed to report its expenditures is rediculous. Why is Medicare almost in default, why is US postal service in $5.5B debt, why did federal aviation have to private, why did housing or the FED go private? It costs too much or was completely unethical to take unauthorized tax dollars from its citizens and then use those funds to subjegate them by privately competing against them in the private sector creating even more dependency on the government.

This is a prime example why we need every form or function of power to repeal these types of efforts as US citizens. Government should have no play in this arena as long as democracy lives. The day it doesn't is the day I pack up shop.

The government will try to get this off the ground because it will be another general fund they can "borrow" from like the bankrupt Medi-fund. When it is passed through the normal governmental process of convoluded figures and legal terms to sound like a great idea, have paid off ivy-league professors to write their error loaded reviews, and market it in the billions of dollars with your tax dollars, people will finally accept this strategically designed fradulent program designed specifically at working toward voulentary taxation.

To assume a government can operate ANY business with the fiscal competitiveness, service levels and delivered value as a private company is fooling themselves. The way our government is allowed to report its expenditures is rediculous. Why is Medicare almost in default, why is US postal service in $5.5B debt, why did federal aviation have to private, why did housing or the FED go private? It costs too much or was completely unethical to take unauthorized tax dollars from its citizens and then use those funds to subjegate them by privately competing against them in the private sector creating even more dependency on the government.

This is a prime example why we need every form or function of power to repeal these types of efforts as US citizens. Government should have no play in this arena as long as democracy lives. The day it doesn't is the day I pack up shop.

You've got a lot of the facts wrong.

You might want to read the actual legislation.

If not, here's a link to a brief summary from a respected source:

What is the CLASS Act (Community Living Assistance Services and Support Act) « LTCShop.com

nadm

Back