The Continuing Saga Of CLASS

CBO Predicts Delay In Long-Term Care Insurance ProgramThe "Healthwatch" blog of (8/25, Baker) reports that the Congressional Budget Office predicts the "administration will likely fall a year behind schedule in implementing" the healthcare reform law's insurance program for long-term care, Community Living Assistance Services and Supports. CBO "doesn't expect the program to start taking in money until 2013." The program "has faced serious skepticism ever since its inclusion in the healthcare overhaul." HHS officials "have acknowledged concerns about the CLASS program and said they're considering changes to ensure its solvency," with Administration on Aging Secretary Kathy Greenlee previously telling a House committee CLASS wouldn't be implemented until "the department is sure the program will be self sustainable".

(8/25, Ethridge) reports HHS "Secretary Kathleen Sebelius and other administration officials have repeatedly said they will not implement the program unless it is financially sound," and "they plan to issue a proposed rule in October making significant changes to the program to ensure it can be solvent for the next 75 years." However, some Congressmen question "whether Sebelius has the ability to restructure the program so thoroughly" introduced bills to repeal the program.

CBO Predicts Delay In Long-Term Care Insurance ProgramThe "Healthwatch" blog of (8/25, Baker) reports that the Congressional Budget Office predicts the "administration will likely fall a year behind schedule in implementing" the healthcare reform law's insurance program for long-term care, Community Living Assistance Services and Supports. CBO "doesn't expect the program to start taking in money until 2013." The program "has faced serious skepticism ever since its inclusion in the healthcare overhaul." HHS officials "have acknowledged concerns about the CLASS program and said they're considering changes to ensure its solvency," with Administration on Aging Secretary Kathy Greenlee previously telling a House committee CLASS wouldn't be implemented until "the department is sure the program will be self sustainable".

(8/25, Ethridge) reports HHS "Secretary Kathleen Sebelius and other administration officials have repeatedly said they will not implement the program unless it is financially sound," and "they plan to issue a proposed rule in October making significant changes to the program to ensure it can be solvent for the next 75 years." However, some Congressmen question "whether Sebelius has the ability to restructure the program so thoroughly" introduced bills to repeal the program.

This is nothing new.

Of course it would not be implemented until 2013. The legislation states that the Secretary has until Oct 2012 to approve the plan design.

Secondly, the Democrats don't want to implement it before the election. They want to use it as an issue to garner votes.

"Vote for us and we'll implement CLASS in 2013... if the repubs get into power, they'll repeal it."

Any news, good or bad, is a plus for LTC Sales. The more it is talked about, publicized, or debated, the more people are aware of the need for Long Term Care.

That could take the place of a group plan, standalone, or blended.

It's all good for me.

:)

"Any news, good or bad, is a plus for LTC Sales. The more it is talked about, publicized, or debated, the more people are aware of the need for Long Term Care.
It's all good for me"

Bob,
Let me ask you this:
If directly across the street from where you live, Joe moved in and put a big sign on his front lawn saying:

"JOE THE INSURANCE GUY"
REPRESENTING
THE LARGEST COMPANY ON THE PLANET

Is that good for you?

Personally, the last thing that I want is competition from the federal government.

But hey, I guess that's just me.​

"Any news, good or bad, is a plus for LTC Sales. The more it is talked about, publicized, or debated, the more people are aware of the need for Long Term Care.
It's all good for me"

Bob,
Let me ask you this:
If directly across the street from where you live, Joe moved in and put a big sign on his front lawn saying:

"JOE THE INSURANCE GUY"
REPRESENTING
THE LARGEST COMPANY ON THE PLANET

Is that good for you?

Personally, the last thing that I want is competition from the federal government.

But hey, I guess that's just me.​

The CLASS Act is not competition.
It's a piece of coal that will help consumers realize that we are selling diamonds.

"It's a piece of coal that will help consumers realize that we are selling diamonds"

AND........................

If my grandmother had testicles, she'd be my grandfather.

... well that's the dumbest thing you've posted in quite awhile.

"well that's the dumbest thing you've posted in quite awhile"

Really? Well thank you.

It's ALMOST as dumb as:

"It's a piece of coal that will help consumers realize that we are selling diamonds"

Can you at least try to rebut my statement?

Why is the CLASS Act NOT a piece of coal compared to diamond-like LTCi policies?

Don't you realize how easy it will be to replace the CLASS Act after someone signs up for it?

Everyone who buys the CLASS Act will have already said "yes" to LTCi. Once we show them that they can get better benefits for less money with better guarantees, they will drop CLASS in a heartbeat and sign up for LTCi. Through CLASS the federal gov't does the selling for us.

nadm

if they are going to wait until it is self sustainable, it will never happen. gomer_ment at its best. golly sarg.

Back