The Current State Of ObamaCare - ACA

I thought BC was going to be the only player in SC? I still have family and friends there that are asking me.

As far as new policies on the individual exchange, yes they are the only one left as far as I know.

But the HC.gov site still lists their increase requests for 2017 from when they filed them back in May. 27% for the on-exchange HMO option.

Aetna might still be on SHOP here in SC. Not sure

I am not the best resource for SC exchange info. I dont touch IHC at all anymore, and only do non-SHOP Group. I know what this link tells me for rate increases on the exchange SC rate increases

Find Waldo............or just find me 1 county that has a +1 carrier for 2017 in this great map. Scroll over county.

Health Insurers

Delaware County New York. 2016 carriers - 6. 2017 carriers - 7. Estimated enrollment - a whopping 500 people.

A few counties in Virginia.

See, you haters will hate, but Ocare is doin' great.

:no:

Of course the rest of the country is snowballing downwards, but who's counting?

One $15 million dollar claim causes Iowans to pay $820 more a year.
A reverse lottery.

One Wellmark enrollee filed $18 million in 2015 claims | LifeHealthPro

This is a great article, YAgents. First one I've seen that illustrates premium increases per-enrollee, based on just one insured's claims.

I wonder who would have taken care of this expensive patient's bills before 2014? Maybe Medicare disability... or a high-risk pool.

I think his/her $18 million dollars in bills would have come back to taxpayers one way or another. Maybe the cost would have been less if Private Insurance wasn't paying for it.

I read things like this and it pisses me off to no end to think families are trying to pay for other activities that cost money like baseball, sports , scouting where the parents might have to skip out on those activities for their children to pay these health insurance cost increases because of ACA.
And those activities have a growth benefit for a child

I read things like this and it pisses me off to no end to think families are trying to pay for other activities that cost money like baseball, sports , scouting where the parents might have to skip out on those activities for their children to pay these health insurance cost increases because of ACA.
And those activities have a growth benefit for a child

Those cost increases can easily be absorbed if their employer adds a "zero cost out of pocket" benefits plan to their group health plan that reimburses a major portion of those yearly out-of-pocket costs.....and it's renewable yearly.

So you're talking about a gap plan that an employer has to purchase correct ? Another "thing" that the employer has to buy correct?
Another thing that the employer's HR department has to explain to the employee and spouse correct?. More over head for that employer correct? Or am I missing something here?

And what about those who don't have an employer? Well they get the shaft

Back