The Current State Of ObamaCare - ACA

So you're talking about a gap plan that an employer has to purchase correct ? Another "thing" that the employer has to buy correct?
Another thing that the employer's HR department has to explain to the employee and spouse correct?. More over head for that employer correct? Or am I missing something here?

And what about those who don't have an employer? Well they get the shaft

If you're addressing me....that's incorrect. No out-of-pocket to employer OR employees.....EVER! Companies are adding this plan as we post. It's the newest innovation in healthcare. It's a self-funded, self-defined welfare benefits plan structured thru ERISA.....And it's available in every state.

Yes....The key to the program is you must participate in your employers group health plan....so yes, you are missing something....you do need to be employed.

Last edited:
For those who are in a state with multiple carriers, here is some insight into what will happen when/if other carriers exit your state and you are left with one carrier...

CMS will work directly with the last carrier. CMS will map the exiting book of business to the last carrier. From what I was told, compensation was not required. Your carrier may or may not pay anything on that mapped business.

Good luck.

I wonder if they brought up agent compensation ?
They probably needed just a card table for the sit down event.

http://www.modernhealthcare.com/art...0912-NEWS-160919978&utm_campaign=financedaily

Obama meets with remaining insurers on Affordable Care Act exchanges
By Virgil Dickson | September 12, 2016
Following the exodus of UnitedHealthcare and Aetna from insurance exchanges established by the Affordable Care Act, President Barack Obama met Monday with the heads of some of the remaining payers to discuss the future of the federal insurance marketplace.

The morning meeting took place before a series of congressional hearings this week that focus on rising premiums and limited exchange participation.

Meeting attendees included Humana CEO Bruce Broussard. Humana announced plans to scale back involvement in the exchanges. Others were J. Brad Wilson, CEO of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina, which is mulling an exit from the marketplace in his state, and Highmark Health CEO David Holmberg, whose company is suing the federal government to recover money owed under the risk-corridor program.

Aetna CEO Mark Bertolini and UnitedHealth Group CEO Stephen Hemsley did not attend.

During the meeting, administration officials solicited ideas on how to further strengthen the marketplace.

Also on Monday, Obama sent a letter to every insurance company offering 2017 marketplace coverage to express the administration's commitment to working with them.

“Together, we have been part of historic changes to the United States health system that have improved health quality, equity, affordability, and outcomes," Obama said. “But our work is not over. I look forward to our continued success.”

I wonder if they brought up agent compensation ?
They probably needed just a card table for the sit down event.

http://www.modernhealthcare.com/article/20160912/NEWS/160919978?utm_source=modernhealthcare&utm_medium=email&utm_content=20160912-NEWS-160919978&utm_campaign=financedaily

Obama meets with remaining insurers on Affordable Care Act exchanges
By Virgil Dickson | September 12, 2016
Following the exodus of UnitedHealthcare and Aetna from insurance exchanges established by the Affordable Care Act, President Barack Obama met Monday with the heads of some of the remaining payers to discuss the future of the federal insurance marketplace.

The morning meeting took place before a series of congressional hearings this week that focus on rising premiums and limited exchange participation.

Meeting attendees included Humana CEO Bruce Broussard. Humana announced plans to scale back involvement in the exchanges. Others were J. Brad Wilson, CEO of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina, which is mulling an exit from the marketplace in his state, and Highmark Health CEO David Holmberg, whose company is suing the federal government to recover money owed under the risk-corridor program.

Aetna CEO Mark Bertolini and UnitedHealth Group CEO Stephen Hemsley did not attend.

During the meeting, administration officials solicited ideas on how to further strengthen the marketplace.

Also on Monday, Obama sent a letter to every insurance company offering 2017 marketplace coverage to express the administration's commitment to working with them.

“Together, we have been part of historic changes to the United States health system that have improved health quality, equity, affordability, and outcomes," Obama said. “But our work is not over. I look forward to our continued success.”

Hmmm....are North Carolina and Pennsylvania swing states, perhaps?

Repeat after me.............AGENTS are your answer Mr Pres.
Why Agents? because Yagents said so.

President Barack Obama on Monday urged U.S. insurers offering coverage next year under his national healthcare law to step up their efforts to enroll those who remain uninsured, especially younger and healthier Americans.

A spokeswoman for industry group America’s Health Insurance Plans said the meeting's focus included increasing enrollment.

Obama asks U.S. insurers for help enrolling the young and healthy | Reuters

Latest posts

Back