The games people play

I just received a call from my NAICS guy... he said that he will start calling the lead first, making sure there is a connection and verifying interest...

Not sure how this is going to work, we will see... I just bought 20, i will keep you updated!!!

When is a lead not a lead?

When the lead vendor says it isn't.

Here are just a few of the games vendors play . . .

Denying credit for a lead, because you are over the limit for credits. Some vendors tell you in advance they will credit up to 20% of leads while others don't. Everything is fine until you submit a valid request for credit, only to be denied because they will lose money if they credit that lead.

Providing an on-off switch for leads, but then holding leads that come in during the night and flooding your box once you turn the leads back on.

Charging for a filter, and then denying credit when a lead gets thru the filter. As long as at least one person on the lead request is insurable, you will not get credit.

Denying credit for a lead that meets the filter requirement but because they did not list the medical condition on their request, you do not get credit.

Changing the price of the leads in your agreement without warning. Of course the price is going up, not down.

That's why when I buy leads, they are unfiltered and uncut, full and have the NC-17 rating.

Somarco, why are you buying leads anyway after 35 years, I can bearly keep up with my current clients now, and my lead buying has been falling steadily over the last two years.

Is this what I have to look forward to? Do all of your clients desert you when you hit the 35 year mark?

why are you buying leads anyway after 35 years

Fair question. You are not the first to ask.

Short answer.

23 yrs on the carrier side (large group).

11 on the GA side (self funded plans).

A bit over 3 yrs direct to consumer with a focus strictly on individual health.

I have a decent client base but not enough to be totally self sufficient, plus I like the opportunity to meet new folks.

Has any tried Acxiom leads? Our company is considering using them. Also, is the effectiveness of leads decreasing? Or is it increasing because lead generating companies are collecting more information about their lists?

Has any tried Acxiom leads? Our company is considering using them. Also, is the effectiveness of leads decreasing? Or is it increasing because lead generating companies are collecting more information about their lists?

I believe Acxicom is a Data/Information and List provider. Did not realize they are generating leads.

It seems like they were able to take the Data/Information they had on individuals and indentify those that would be a good potential sale. Maybe this is just a list though.

Back