The GM Decision

I think GM is giving a total of $300 a month, not per person. It looks like they're bringing in Extend Health just like Ford did. They'll also be getting a special offer on dental through delta dental, just like Ford and Chrysler did.

When I speak to the GM retiree's I let them know what to expect, what's coming, etc. I let them know that I went through the samething last year with the Ford retiree's. They have been very greatful for letting them know what's coming because they have just been told wait until Sept/Oct and we'll let you know. This is the same thing that the Ford retiree's were told.

You need to let them know that they have special guaranteed issue rights with Medicare supplements because they're losing their group coverage. This is one of their biggest worries that because they have cancer, diabetes, etc. that no one will take them. The media does an awful job in reporting when it comes to this issue. I've seen numerous stories where they say "poor Mr. Smith is 84 and has cancer and is afraid he won't be able to get coverage anywhere"

With just a little research they could inform the public that' s not the case!

Latest posts

Back