The new site

OK, from now, avatars can be edited for everyone. There will be a great avatar feature coming along soon. I will look into emoticons issue tomorrow.

Enjoy the forum..

Sincerely,

Val.

Thanks a lot Val,
we are very appreciate of you burning the midnight oil in Albania, to make sure we are happy and that everything is going well.

If anyone ever needs any webwork done, I can't recommend Val enough. (But not till we are done!!) You can always pm me for details but he is cheap, good, has great English, and will take your site to the next level. Or build it from scratch.

Are the avatars working now?

I think the improvements to this site are great, but I I have two reservations about it:

1. Are we able to change the time from GMT to local time? I know that GMT is +5 hours from the EST zone, but I feel that GMT is confusing.

2. Where is the "spellcheck"? I know many agents have not used it as is apparent from the postings, but I think it cleans up a posting by a bad typist.

To fix the date and time, go to your user cp, click on edit options under the settings and options section, and scroll down to the time and date, and change it to what you need.

I highly recommend that everyone take some time to explore the user cp, lots of fun stuff in there.

NHB_MMA, for your particular case I made a quick small screenshot that should solve your issue. Please take a look at this image.

Thanks. For whatever reason, I did not seem to have these options yesterday.

Well....I guess this avatar will have to do. I was trying to use a gif, but I'll try again Friday.

At the moment you can only have static images as avatars, as animated ones tend to consume some server load time quite often.

Users who did not select their avatars, will have the new blue default avatar assigned to their accounts. If you wish to change it, you can do so within your User Profile Area.

We will be adding the spellchecker in the coming days. Users of Firefox 2, will probably don't need one, as spellchecker is a default option in FF.

Also we added some better smilies to use. I hope you guys will like them..

:jiggy::radar: :biggrin: :frown: :confused: :wink: :cool: :idea: :policeman:

Enjoy..

Val.

Last edited:
I am looking into the exact bandwidth usage, to see what difference it would make. I would also like to see them, but I need to make sure that it wont slow down the forum.

One day, when we move to a dedicated server, it won't be an issue at all!

Back