The Top 5 Lead Generation Secrets That Vendors DO NOT Want You To

Traditional SEO will no longer work the way it did once upon a time. The search engines, Google in particular, are doing everything they can to stop people from trying to "game" their algorithm. Just when you think you've found a new technique to place higher in the search results, Google comes out with a new update, making your "new technique" completely worthless.

How easy would it be to sell a client if they could see a profile of you when you called them. With your picture, company info, background check, and reviews. And if that client was not bombarded by 20 other agents. What if that client could just call you after seeing your profile?

How easy would it be to sell a client if they could see a profile of you when you called them. With your picture, company info, background check, and reviews. And if that client was not bombarded by 20 other agents. What if that client could just call you after seeing your profile?

Sold! i would like to purchase this product

Insurance does not work like Yelp, Dustin. Consumers don't care. Insurance is commoditized. Rates are the same with hundreds of agents. Consumers just want to know what something costs. They will not go to lend.com to call an agent. They are not looking for a relationship. They want Select Quote. Wham bam thank you ma'am.

Insurance does not work like Yelp, Dustin. Consumers don't care. Insurance is commoditized. Rates are the same with hundreds of agents. Consumers just want to know what something costs. They will not go to lend.com to call an agent. They are not looking for a relationship. They want Select Quote. Wham bam thank you ma'am.

This observation has been brought to his attention before. He believes in his idea, and he is going to see it through to execution. I agree he does not understand what consumers want, and his site will fail to generate many leads, but he needs to learn this on his own. There is no better teacher than experience.

Our site is interactive with the consumer. It's not a review site. It has many facets. And with the many many people I have talked to they all love our idea and think it is needed. I wrote insurance for 5 years I know a thing or two.

You are contradicting yourself. They want a relationship great lend will provide all the background one would need. But, then you say people just want quotes. That would make for no relationship and just go with the cheapest price.

Obviously you need to think of this as another form of marketing on an agents behalf. Lead generation companies are still making money. This goes a few steps further. The consumer will know who is calling or they can call the agent before the agent contacts them. We have many other features just to in depth to make a book on here. Best thing would be sign up and see for yourself. You have nothing to lose no money on the line while we grow.

Dustin, what's your pitch to the consumer, to give them a compelling reason to visit your website?

As a consumer looking for Insurance wouldn't it be nice to have info about that agent. A background check, picture, license info, reviews and more. Giving you confidence and the tools to choose someone that will help you. Or you could blindly reply to that email you received, or flyer in the mail or cold call you got. Not knowing anything about that person on the other line.

So whatever marketing you do via email, direct mailer, print ads, seo etc.etc. The only info they have is a name and number of a company. Now sure lots of agents have websites now with their own pics, reviews, license etc. hey that is great!

For the ones that dont this would be a good way to provide that info. And for the ones that do, this is another source to validate themselves. Imagine down the road when a client ask's you hey do you have a lend account? What is your lend score? That is the way we want to go with this.

Imagine yourselves as a customer. Say you want to get a mortgage. How do you look for one? Ask around for a referral? Go to websites and look for rates? Call around and get estimates? Would it be nice to have everything you want about that loan officer in one spot? See a background check, read reviews about them, see a picture, see their programs, and much more. Make you feel comfortable working with them before deciding.

Have you ever talked to a potential customer and had them vanish? Or decide to go with someone else? Why did they do that? Maybe they did not feel comfortable with you? Maybe your rates were higher? Maybe they just wanted to stay with someone they knew. All sorts of reasons. Maybe having another credible source for yourself would help on some of those calls?

Why would a customer not check out our website to get help for their insurance? No different than what they do now online to shop. They just get more info from us about the agent.

When I chose a mortgage, I shopped based on the terms and cost of the loan. I had no need or interest in researching the loan officer.

Before people care about choosing a good agent, they care about the rates and the insurance company.

I thought your site is supposed to generate leads for agents, not be a tool for an agent to use with their existing leads, to confirm their quality as an agent. Agents will pay for leads, but not for the service you describe.

If you expect to drive traffic based on "Why would a customer not check out our website to get help for their insurance?" You are in for a rude awakening.

It's like an agent expecting to be successful at sales by insisting, "Why wouldn't people buy insurance from me?"

When I chose a mortgage, I shopped based on the terms and cost of the loan. I had no need or interest in researching the loan officer.

Before people care about choosing a good agent, they care about the rates and the insurance company.

I thought your site is supposed to generate leads for agents, not be a tool for an agent to use with their existing leads, to confirm their quality as an agent. Agents will pay for leads, but not for the service you describe.

If you expect to drive traffic based on "Why would a customer not check out our website to get help for their insurance?" You are in for a rude awakening.

It's like an agent expecting to be successful at sales by insisting, "Why wouldn't people buy insurance from me?"

Thank you.

I just never can grasp why any consumer would go visit this site. Based on what he is describing, at this point a consumer just wants some validation. Who cares how great the agent is, how many years experience, designations, etc. if they can't get you covered or the rate is twice as much as everyone else?

So you are the type who cares less about service and just wants the cheapest rates. Hey I can respect that and it does work for some people. However, when you select that cheap mortgage guy. You are buying a house and need to close in 30 days as stated on the contract. You Loan officer is hard to reach, is telling you 25 days in that he will need to extend the loan. 30 days pass and you lose the home to another buyer. But, it is ok as he was the cheapest right?

Maybe you could have seen his review and determined yes he is very cheap but, has trouble closing in 30 days. So a 60 day lead time would be best to work with him. One example hopefully you get where I am going with this. You are not giving consumers enough credit these days. Even though we are in a down economy people still wanting quality service not just the chepest they can find. How about those horror stories about getting cheap insurance only to find out when a claim is filed the agent is MIA or the company wont pay out etc. Heard it thousands of times. Should have went with another company such and such.

Also don't worry about how we drive the traffic. All you as an agent need to do is keep your profile updated. Interact with the website and help the clients. Let's see how good of an agent you are. We only want the best not the "cheap" guys.

I hate the word "lead" this means nothing but, a name and number. Mine as well look in the yellow pages lots of leads there. These are actual clients we value and want helped accordingly.

I cant tell you how many people I have talked to saying wow this would really be helpful. As they are tired of getting cold called and sent mailers getting "hustled" by sales people they cant see or know nothing about.

How easy would it be if you called a client they said oh hey I was just looking at your profile seems you have some great reviews and you are right in my hometown. I see you are also great with commercial insurance maybe you could help my brothers business too. It's cool I can see your profile, with your background check and read rerviews. I feel confident giving you my business.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Thank you.

I just never can grasp why any consumer would go visit this site. Based on what he is describing, at this point a consumer just wants some validation. Who cares how great the agent is, how many years experience, designations, etc. if they can't get you covered or the rate is twice as much as everyone else?

Let me ask you this. If you have ever bought or still buy leads. Why did that client go to that site or fill out info online?

to get a quote right? We are doing the same thing but, imagine much more detail and the client can see who they are dealing with. I can't believe you guys are not grasping this.

Lets dummy it down for you. Lets call us a lead generation website is that easier? Now get a client that wants a quote. They go to the site, there info is inputted then sent out to a few agents to get quotes. That consumer can see your profile etc.

Again same as lead generation except more detail and we actually care if the client is getting helped.

Last edited:
Back