Thinking of Becoming a Captive Agent for AAA. Any Advice???

Might I suggest that you just call one OUT your area. Most will be happy to talk with you so long as you tell them you are going to be in a different office/location.

AAA is on a tear to hire life agents. I spoke with them about it six months ago. The deal was about $12 an hour plus about $35% commission with all the leads you could handle plus support from the P&C guys (they were required to introduce any in-person clients to you if you are in the office).

What's the downside? It was strictly a W2 position and you would have to give up all of your appointments except those still paying you comp via trail/renewals.

I don't know the deal for their P&C people. Like I say... just call one... or call the office manager of one of their branches. They won't bite you!

If their products are half way competitive, that is one heck of an offer. I guess the flip side is they work you like a dog and have very high production expectations.

That $12/hr may not sound like much, but I bet the typical sale is going to be a $70/mo term life sale. $840 in annual premium, $294 in commission, throw in your hourly and you're making $774 a week. Something tells me they aren't going to be happy with one deal a week either. If the office is doing any real P&C production with some foot traffic, and you'd have to litterally be sleeping at your desk not to make 50-70 a year.

Back