This is a shame

OK smarty-pants, here you go.

Term insurance pays out 1% of the time - who told you that New York Life?

I'm not the one on here moaning that they're not making a living (or validating their contract) selling whole life...I've done it!

Here's my whole life experience; '91-'93, started in the business w/Prudential. NO prior experience. You think you've got it tough? My "training manager" disappeared (literally) on my sixth day in the business. I persisted and made it (validated) anyway.

I've also been an "FR" for Guardian. You talk about a company where whole life is everything...validated my contract there, in a new town where I knew nobody (xcept for the 2 GA's)....

In addition...

I worked as a wholesaler for Phoenix Life, teaching stock brokers, et.al. how to sell life isnurance.

Then...I decided to have my own agency selling health insurance to small business/self-employed folks.

Your complaining and moaning is becoming tired. You've been given some good advise on this forum, but you don't want to learn, you want to complain.

I sell substantial amounts of term (2 mil+) to business owners I meet through health insurance. Disability too.

If you look back, you'll find I warned you that it's not the company that you start with, but who is going to train you that is important, but you didn't listen to that, and now you're complaining about your manager....

I'm done trying to help you. Final post on this thread. Good luck with your "other" job. You'll need it!

moonlightandmargaritas said:
OK smarty-pants, here you go.

I'm done trying to help you. Final post on this thread. Good luck with your "other" job. You'll need it!

I appreciate and respect your experience and what you bring to the table. If I came off as a smart-ass it was probably because you asked my explanation for my philosophy on WL and shot it down across the board with "Sorry, that intellectual argument doesn't wash. Sounds like you're drinking the NYL/whole life kool-aid" as if I can't think for myself and there is one solution right for everyone. I had a reasonable reason why I think 90% of people need a little WL and many people would say the same thing. If you feel differently, fine, but I got a little irked by the forementioned response and then suggest it's all about commissions. Reread my original post and tell me if all I care about is commissions. You know how much more I could make from a large WL versus starting a Roth IRA?

Again, I respect your experience and knowledge and your accomplishments. I didn't mean to truly upset you, but if my sarcasm irritated you to the point of not participating anymore, I think you have a severe case of "can dish it out, but can't take it" if you consider how your post sounded to me.

NHB_MMA said:
Where are you guys getting your rates from? I couldn't find any site today that gave any 40-year term quotes, except for one that will have an agent contact me. How are you all getting the rates from the large captive companies?

I gave you a link in an earlier post. www.term4sale.com. You won't find any 40-year term quotes there. And they only list the top 50 rates. If you subscribe to their software (as I do), you get to see every company that reports their rates to them.

This site is the public site of Compulife. Compulife sells comparison software to agents. Over 100 companies report their rates to them.

sman said:
NHB_MMA said:
Where are you guys getting your rates from? I couldn't find any site today that gave any 40-year term quotes, except for one that will have an agent contact me. How are you all getting the rates from the large captive companies?

I gave you a link in an earlier post. www.term4sale.com. You won't find any 40-year term quotes there. And they only list the top 50 rates. If you subscribe to their software (as I do), you get to see every company that reports their rates to them.

This site is the public site of Compulife. Compulife sells comparison software to agents. Over 100 companies report their rates to them.

Thanks. Interesting site I'll have to play around with. Neither search I just did got any NYL result. I'll have to read through your other replies when I get a chance later.

Boy is that a bunch of garbage.

Yep, sure is, yet my garbage is as good as your garbage. :D

No one needs W/L but everyone benefits from W/L and no I don't work for NYL nor Guardian nor Mass Mutual etc etc... And if you aint careful I'm going to knock on your door and sell you some.

Ps and if I drive all the way to FL I assure you, you will buy some! But I'm not allowed in Florida so just consider yourself lucky.

James said:

No one needs W/L but everyone benefits from W/L and no I don't work for NYL nor Guardian nor Mass Mutual etc etc... And if you aint careful I'm going to knock on your door and sell you some.

Ps and if I drive all the way to FL I assure you, you will buy some! But I'm not allowed in Florida so just consider yourself lucky.

At least I back my "garbage" up with proof. Again, you quoted some numbers about investments, now let's see some proof.

No need to go all the way to Florida. I'm just one state down. The great state of Georgia. And yes, the Vols spanked us last Saturday.

I don't think you'd have much success in selling me WL coverage. But you're welcome to drive down and try. Just make sure you pack a lunch, because it will be a LONG day.

sman said:
James said:

At least I back my "garbage" up with proof. Again, you quoted some numbers about investments, now let's see some proof.

No need to go all the way to Florida. I'm just one state down. The great state of Georgia. And yes, the Vols spanked us last Saturday.

I don't think you'd have much success in selling me WL coverage. But you're welcome to drive down and try. Just make sure you pack a lunch, because it will be a LONG day.

What proof have you shown? The Dalbar study is exactly what I was hinting at, hell I can't keep up with such links. I'm also sure you know about those comments given out by the head of the CFP Organization. If I go look I know I can find them, it wasn't that long ago since we had the W/L Vs Securities discussion. I'm not really liking the idea of repeating it again. My comments are basically concern on how to sell W/L, now if you disagree then that is just honky dory with me. Yet though I'm confident more own W/L then are individually invested in Securities not counting employer base Investment vehicles, well maybe?

Yea we did spank you'll in GA! I was thinking you were one of them Florida people, sorry about that.

sman said:
NHB_MMA said:

I like this one also....

http://www.lifequotecenter.com/index.htm

sman said:
NHB_MMA said:

Yeah, nothing wrong with that one other than it's a site to actually apply for coverage. I'd rather refer a suspect to a site where they can't apply for coverage.

I like this one also....

http://www.lifequotecenter.com/index.htm

Back