Time Spent on Calls

G

Morning!

I was thinking this morning about my time management which lead me to wonder -

How much time on average do you spend on the phone with a lead on the initial call?

Morning!

How much time on average do you spend on the phone with a lead on the initial call?

That is almost impossible for me to answer.

If they are interested it can range from as few as five minutes to as long as 20 minutes to set what I consider an appointment. My goal in calling is to accumulate information. The more information I get the better chance I have of making a sale.

Assuming that they don't immediately hang up, I have a set series of questions that I ask. The first one of value to me is who do they currently have their insurance with. If that is the only answer I get before they terminate the call then that has been a successful call for me. The odds are in my favor that prospect will become a client within the next 24 months.

When I set and go on an appointment I know that there is at least a 90+% chance that they are going to purchase the policy. They know the amount of premium and I know that they do qualify.

Morning!

It varies with each client. Depends on what they are looking for when you call them. Some clients just want a quick quote and nothing else. Some have questions and some just like to talk.

I always try to do some fact finding and ask them questions about their health.

Mark Rosenthal
[email protected]
www.realfastservice.com

Due to the heavy fact finding, rappot building and "why u should deal with me" talk and then the quoting and taking them to my website to look at plans.... then if i smell they have latched onto a plan we move into the application phase... it could take over a hour..... i do all selling from start to app submited on the phone.

some folks i have been on the phone for over 2 hours.....

sometimes i do all expect the application, i call back with a set "appt" time for the call... if i do that one i am on the phone on the first call about 30-45 minn.....

the pre application call is the longest... unless im doing a family of 10... like i am in an hour

It all depends on what can be accomplished on the call. If it is just an introduction and fact finder 5-10 minutes. Generally if there is a match, once the fact finder has been completed there is another 30 to 45 minutes to close the deal and issue the ap. If schedules permit and the insured is ready, this in one call averaging 45 minutes-1 hour. If there needs to be a follow up call it tends to take a little longer.

Interested lead? 45 minutes to one hour
Not interested? 4 to 5 seconds

Work on a yes or a no, a maybe will drive you mad, waste your time and be discouraging.

I hate that picture and I'll be changing it very soon, I'm not a suit and will not sell out to the suits either.

But I would look good next to that truck!!

:biggrin:

Back