Top 10 Decision Issues for the Prospect/Suspect?

TradeCraze

Expert
Recently, I have been reading the book Question Based Selling by Tom Freese. What do you think are the the 10 decision issues the prospect faces? The things we need to overcome. Thanks for any input shared.

Recently, I have been reading the book Question Based Selling by Tom Freese. What do you think are the the 10 decision issues the prospect faces? The things we need to overcome. Thanks for any input shared.

Awwwwww come on, just tell us what they are. Don't make us guess.:err:

Do they trust me?
Blah
Blah
Blah
Blah
Blah
Blah
Blah
Blah
Do my recommendations make more sense than not doing them?

dayTradeCraze: Quit reading books and analyzing everything and get to work.
This is Final Expense, not Market Logic. The 10 decisions the prospect face start with whether to get the 305's or splurge and buy Pall Malls.

dayTradeCraze: Quit reading books and analyzing everything and get to work.
This is Final Expense, not Market Logic. The 10 decisions the prospect face start with whether to get the 305's or splurge and buy Pall Malls.

Not for nothing, but some carriers actually go back and get feedback from agents to create sales models that work. I know a number of agents on here say they don't really have a presentation, but for a new agent and/or an agent that does well with consistency taking a methodical approach to getting started can easily be the difference between failure and success.

I'm not familiar with the "Question Based Selling" other than what's been listed on here, but if there are 10 decision issues a prospect faces, that's really not any different than agents already trying to figure out how to handle objections, but in a more involved approach.

I never sold much FE, pretty quickly got into MA, but it's hardly a surprise that decision issues FE prospects have is whether or not they WANT to buy it, if their family/friends/etc are going to get in the way (or help) with the decision, figuring out if they want to go direct to a carrier vs using an agent, figuring out what type of product is the best for them which may involve taking a look at graded products depending on health, and a list of others. FE prospects also sometimes have money set aside in a CD/MM account as a burial fund and not realize that SPWL can accomplish what they want with a larger DB in a guaranteed product.

Yes, some people over-analyze things, but I suspect of agents starting in a new market spent a day or two putting together a business plan and another day or two working through a sales presentation along with planning out objections with the reasoning behind folks would have them, the agent would be significantly better prepared. I think that's actually a huge part of why these different associations end up with members for that matter.

In FE the 2 main reasons an uninsured prospect doesn't buy is

Trust

Cost

It's important to have a presentation that lays out everything in a flowing manner that is easily understandable. If you spend enough time with the prospect and can convey that you're a professional, are there to help them, and you're good at what you do, the trust will be there.

The 2 things my wife and I do in our presentation that overcomes the objections before they're even made are

1. A personal commercial designed to build trust
2. Convey that we're leaving them with a competitive price and are only interested in helping them find an amount of coverage that will easily fit into their budget

In most cases, when a good presentation is done correctly, you've already

A. Created enough interest for more coverage or
B. Uncovered the need for a whole life policy

Top Objections to Overcome:

1) Trust
2) Need/Want
3) Affordable

There are other minor issues but the above is the crux of the matter; no need to be any more complicated than that.

So you guys are saying that the loonnnggg diatribe by someone not selling Fe should be ignored? If so, I agree!

Btw, I don't know of any successful FE agent that doesn't have a presentation...I found that line from Josh to be pretty ridiculous. Hey maybe I'm wrong and someone will chime in that they don't have a presentation.

There's 5 reasons, not excuses, that people don't buy from you. I've posted that on here several times and it's been covered in depth by most of the FE IMO's.

So, do a search or get with an FE IMO that can teach you.

Or, just continue to read books written by people clueless about the business you want to work. However temporarily that might be before you move on to greater things.

There's 5 reasons, not excuses, that people don't buy from you. I've posted that on here several times and it's been covered in depth by most of the FE IMO's. So, do a search or get with an FE IMO that can teach you. Or, just continue to read books written by people clueless about the business you want to work. However temporarily that might be before you move on to greater things.
thanks for the input do you have a link to your five reasons?

----------

Recently, I have been reading the book Question Based Selling by Tom Freese. What do you think are the the 10 decision issues the prospect faces? The things we need to overcome. Thanks for any input shared. ************ dayTradeCraze: Quit reading books and analyzing everything and get to work. This is Final Expense, not Market Logic. The 10 decisions the prospect face start with whether to get the 305's or splurge and buy Pall Malls.
people either have more time or money ... Right now obviously I have more time so knowing my chosen craft better is what I am humbly asking. Sure I can continue to knock on doors which I am doing or I can continue to learn go from the sharing thru the negative.

----------

Awwwwww come on, just tell us what they are. Don't make us guess.:err:
he doesn't name them in the book ... But I would have to say building the know like and trust is what we all trying to accomplish.

----------

Not for nothing, but some carriers actually go back and get feedback from agents to create sales models that work. I know a number of agents on here say they don't really have a presentation, but for a new agent and/or an agent that does well with consistency taking a methodical approach to getting started can easily be the difference between failure and success. I'm not familiar with the "Question Based Selling" other than what's been listed on here, but if there are 10 decision issues a prospect faces, that's really not any different than agents already trying to figure out how to handle objections, but in a more involved approach. I never sold much FE, pretty quickly got into MA, but it's hardly a surprise that decision issues FE prospects have is whether or not they WANT to buy it, if their family/friends/etc are going to get in the way (or help) with the decision, figuring out if they want to go direct to a carrier vs using an agent, figuring out what type of product is the best for them which may involve taking a look at graded products depending on health, and a list of others. FE prospects also sometimes have money set aside in a CD/MM account as a burial fund and not realize that SPWL can accomplish what they want with a larger DB in a guaranteed product. Yes, some people over-analyze things, but I suspect of agents starting in a new market spent a day or two putting together a business plan and another day or two working through a sales presentation along with planning out objections with the reasoning behind folks would have them, the agent would be significantly better prepared. I think that's actually a huge part of why these different associations end up with members for that matter.
thanks Josh for the input.

Back