Lap top computers

nfl72

Guru
1000 Post Club
I just got signed up with a company that wants to do apps via E apps. What kind of computer should I get. I am an old dog and not very up to date with computers. I currently have a 10-year-old dell that sits on my desk in my office.

I will probably use it for work and Backgammon Money games.

I just got signed up with a company that wants to do apps via E apps. What kind of computer should I get. I am an old dog and not very up to date with computers. I currently have a 10-year-old dell that sits on my desk in my office.

I will probably use it for work and Backgammon Money games.
I just got a Samsung Galaxy Tablet with a Sim card. It has the same strength as my phone...have to pay for another phone line. I also got a case for it that has a bluetooth keyboard. I get better reception at home with it than I do with my 1K MBPS. Tablet and case about $650 with tax. It's like a mini laptop. To get a laptop with a Sim card, you're going to spend over $1,000.

Are you writing these eApps from home or on the road?

If from home, in most cases you just need a current operating system (which makes your computer run), an up to date browser (where you access the internet), and a good internet connection.

If on the road, make sure your cell phone is set up to allow it to become a "hot spot". You may have to pay a little more each month but that will allow you to buy any computer because you can just pull the connection from your phone to your computer (via wifi).

It's literally one click on your phone and then once set up, your computer will automatically connect to your phone when you're ready to do an application.

Any modern Windows laptop is going to work with all carriers' eApps (either online or as a download). You can buy almost any laptop outside of Chromebooks and be fine.

I have a Surface Pro which I love but you could easily buy an Acer Aspire or a Lenovo ThinkPad and have everything you need to both write apps and then give away the commissions to someone else playing online backgammon for money.

Are you writing these eApps from home or on the road?

If from home, in most cases you just need a current operating system (which makes your computer run), an up to date browser (where you access the internet), and a good internet connection.

If on the road, make sure your cell phone is set up to allow it to become a "hot spot". You may have to pay a little more each month but that will allow you to buy any computer because you can just pull the connection from your phone to your computer (via wifi).

It's literally one click on your phone and then once set up, your computer will automatically connect to your phone when you're ready to do an application.

Any modern Windows laptop is going to work with all carriers' eApps (either online or as a download). You can buy almost any laptop outside of Chromebooks and be fine.

I have a Surface Pro which I love but you could easily buy an Acer Aspire or a Lenovo ThinkPad and have everything you need to both write apps and then give away the commissions to someone else playing online backgammon for money.
I had a non cellular Lenovo tablet, and was connecting to the hot spot on my phone. Half the time it didn't work, or was terribly slow.

I Have been running Surface Pros for years. It is my only computer now. As Ray I just hot spot it and I have my office with me.
Bought a galaxy tablet w/sim that will probably live in my car so I can service my people from anywhere as well. I'm a belt and suspenders guy.

I had a non cellular Lenovo tablet, and was connecting to the hot spot on my phone. Half the time it didn't work, or was terribly slow.
Fair. How's your overall cell service b/c they're both working off the same network? I've never had an issue doing hotspots but I'm guessing that's not everyone's experience based on what you're saying.

I guess YMMV.

Fair. How's your overall cell service b/c they're both working off the same network? I've never had an issue doing hotspots but I'm guessing that's not everyone's experience based on what you're saying.

I guess YMMV.
I've got AT&T. For the most part the service is good, but I run into dead spots now and then. There's a little town in the middle of a wind farm that can't get service. Lots of people in the town have landlines.

Back