Transamerica Quality Focus

Spencer89

I currently work in the Transamerica home office. I work with the widest variety of independent agents under i group, life professionals and Boston Mutual. I am interested to know your take on the call center that you work with and how your relationship is with our company. I am wanting the good the bad and the ugly. You can keep your name out so I don't know who is who when you call in. This is purely so we can try and improve we are a massive company and every bit helps.

some times I feel as if they don't know what we go through as if they don't appreciate or want my business. Just personal experience/opinion.

I've used trans for term and you have good rates with fair underwriting at good commish levels.

After all of the hassle I've heard about your FE product though, term is the only product I consider for trans. It is pretty easy to beat your IUL as well.

Really, not sure what you're looking for...

I currently work in the Transamerica home office. I work with the widest variety of independent agents under i group, life professionals and Boston Mutual. I am interested to know your take on the call center that you work with and how your relationship is with our company. I am wanting the good the bad and the ugly. You can keep your name out so I don't know who is who when you call in. This is purely so we can try and improve we are a massive company and every bit helps.

1. Compared to ALL the other carriers that my wife and I use for FE, U are amendment cray cray

2. If there is a mistake on Page 1 of the FE app, you guys want a whole new application signed. THIS IS NOT NECESSARY, you can at least make it so that we can do this on delivery

3. If there is a mistake on the replacement form, you guys want a whole new application signed. THIS IS NOT NECESSARY, you can at least make is so that we can do this on delivery

4. I call the home office with an issue, I get told 2 different things from 2 different people. I have had multiple issues where, neither options were correct and I have even had one of your people call me back and tell me they were wrong, told me something else, and both options were wrong.

5. This has been going on for years

6. Your FE applications require more signatures and have more pages than any other FE carrier in the country

Every time I write a Trans application, I cringe and keep my fingers crossed. All you guys have to do, is back off a little bit and help us to help our clients.

Why is this so difficult to do with you guys?

My wife and I write around a half a million a year AP in Final Expense. If you guys changed all the nonsense, you could actually be a go to carrier for us. Not only that, but we would end up referring hundreds of agents to you, possibly thousands! Right now you get around 10%-15% of our business and about 25% of that turns into a headache.

Every time I get a call from a new agent that asks if I should write you guys for a specific case, I tell them that they might be better off giving the client another carrier, even if it's not first day coverage. I don't want to see a new agent have to deal with the headaches like I do!

Yesterday, my wife wrote Trans for a case, but she had another carrier's application signed, just in case!

Douglas Massi
Florida

Look me up and call me if you can make my life any easier, please!:swoon:

I agree for a new agent Trans could be a problem. But for an experienced agent I don't think it should be a problem. The only issue with Trans is when they change a procedure or form they do a very poor job of communicating the changes. Such as b-4 needing to be filled out when using the social security form or the replacement form with monumental on it being no good.But for me the good of unmatched underwriting,great social security billing with no added fee for debit express and awesome name branding offsets the negatives.They always answer the phone super quick and their customer service is good.The lady told me they're getting 1500 apps a day which would mean they've overtaken LH as the biggest final expense carrier.I can tell as issue times have really slowed.

I agree for a new agent Trans could be a problem. But for an experienced agent I don't think it should be a problem. The only issue with Trans is when they change a procedure or form they do a very poor job of communicating the changes. Such as b-4 needing to be filled out when using the social security form or the replacement form with monumental on it being no good.But for me the good of unmatched underwriting,great social security billing with no added fee for debit express and awesome name branding offsets the negatives.They always answer the phone super quick and their customer service is good.The lady told me they're getting 1500 apps a day which would mean they've overtaken LH as the biggest final expense carrier.I can tell as issue times have really slowed.

Dang it Petey, you're still putting too many sentences together and making it hard to read!

And yes, this thing with them putting the forms on the website and expecting us all to catch that is dumb.

Don't you think they could lighten up a little bit?

Dang it Petey, you're still putting too many sentences together and making it hard to read!

And yes, this thing with them putting the forms on the website and expecting us all to catch that is dumb.

Don't you think they could lighten up a little bit?

Speaking of forms...

I went to download the diabetic questionnaire and it still has Monu in the heading. But I hear they won't take any old Monu forms. Sooo....what gives? Will they take the old forms since they haven't created any new ones to take their place?

Speaking of forms...
I went to download the diabetic questionnaire and it still has Monu in the heading. But I hear they won't take any old Monu forms. Sooo....what gives? Will they take the old forms since they haven't created any new ones to take their place?

When you find out please let me know! I have to get a whole new application signed because I mistakenly had a client sign an old replacement form a few days ago!

Speaking of forms... I went to download the diabetic questionnaire and it still has Monu in the heading. But I hear they won't take any old Monu forms. Sooo....what gives? Will they take the old forms since they haven't created any new ones to take their place?

That's ok. My last batch of apps they sent me had the Mon HIPPA form in it lol.

Back