Trial Close Questions

Is your job to trial close or simply close? You can call your whole presentation to include warmup as "trial closing". If you create a relaxing atmosphere and get the prospect to nod yes instead of no during your presentation, you're successfully trial closing. Always stay positive and assume the sale at all times.

"Does this make sense?" and "What do you think?" questions make sure your presentation is being understood, well accepted (or not) and moving toward a close.

Giving the 3-5 choices (prices) is where the rubber meets the road. As Agent5 has said, ask them "Which one can you squeeze in each month" (paraphrasing) and then recommend the one under that.

One last thing I do, and to me, this is the ultimate "trial close" question:

"Do you think buying life insurance is a wise (or good) decision or a waste of money?"

If they can't answer that question "good decision" in the beginning, scamper on outta there and don't waste your time.

Is your job to trial close or simply close? You can call your whole presentation to include warmup as "trial closing". If you create a relaxing atmosphere and get the prospect to nod yes instead of no during your presentation, you're successfully trial closing. Always stay positive and assume the sale at all times.

"Does this make sense?" and "What do you think?" questions make sure your presentation is being understood, well accepted (or not) and moving toward a close.

Giving the 3-5 choices (prices) is where the rubber meets the road. As Agent5 has said, ask them "Which one can you squeeze in each month" (paraphrasing) and then recommend the one under that.

One last thing I do, and to me, this is the ultimate "trial close" question:

"Do you think buying life insurance is a wise (or good) decision or a waste of money?"

If they can't answer that question "good decision" in the beginning, scamper on outta there and don't waste your time.

Good info. Thanks

What statements do you use for trial close? This is just for ideas to share on this forum.

I've got some questions that I work into my warm up and presentation.
What are your thoughts regarding life insurance?

How long do you want your life insurance to last?

Do you currently own or rent your life insurance?

Has anyone like an accountant or attorney ever discussed with you the tax benefits of owner your life insurance?

Gives me a "feel" for where the person is at with life insurance and their understanding and also whether I should spend any more time there.

I don't always use them all. Especially that last one when dealing with FE. Unless they are on medicaid then I discuss the ownership issues with cash value insurance.

I have a conversation with prospects more than any magical closing technique.

I use my 4 Questions presentation to this day and at every stop. How much? What kind? Who from? When?

Back