Trial Close Questions

When it comes to the "trial close", I am assuming that you've spent a significant amount of time with the client and there IS a need, but

1. you just can't seem to get them to commit

or

2. they are not sure if the cost makes sense for the amount of coverage

or

3. for whatever reason, you can't seem to close them

Either way, THIS has worked for me

" Mr Jones, can I make a suggestion"

smile at them until they reply

"let's send up an application and get you qualified, and we're gonna set up a payment for after your SS date. I'mma come back with the policy and go over it with you so y'all can see it in Black and White. You will be under NO pressure to keep it and if you decide that you don't wan't it, I will have you sign off so you can get your money back. You will have NOTHING to lose and everything to gain, and you can take your sweet time thinking about it... go ahead and grab your ID so I can get you qualified!"

When it comes to the "trial close", I am assuming that you've spent a significant amount of time with the client and there IS a need, but

1. you just can't seem to get them to commit

or

2. they are not sure if the cost makes sense for the amount of coverage

or

3. for whatever reason, you can't seem to close them

Either way, THIS has worked for me

" Mr Jones, can I make a suggestion"

smile at them until they reply

"let's send up an application and get you qualified, and we're gonna set up a payment for after your SS date. I'mma come back with the policy and go over it with you so y'all can see it in Black and White. You will be under NO pressure to keep it and if you decide that you don't wan't it, I will have you sign off so you can get your money back. You will have NOTHING to lose and everything to gain, and you can take your sweet time thinking about it... go ahead and grab your ID so I can get you qualified!"

I know many use this close and I will have to admit to having used it at times but I really hate it. It sets the stage for a NTO or an early lapse.

yep that's a disastrous close. Were already telling with procrastinators so giving them another excuse is asking for trouble.

It's the least amount of pressure in a Hail Mary close but I'm not a fan of "think about it" while we qualify you and/or "you can get your money back".
It probably works for Doug since he does all the "after the sale" stuff and solidifies everything once policy is issued. For the average agent, this is potentially charge back hell.

Yep, I agree with all of you...

But when I come back with the policy, at least half of them will take it!

I had far more than half take it when I used that close. But I can to learn it was an easy way out nd I wasn't doing something right if I was getting that. Especially if I was having to do it very often.

Now if I get to that point I walk. Even if I feel they are really going to do it. For those I just tell them to call me after they have thought about. Some do call. Most don't.

Back