F2F Direct Mail Close %

FEX Agent

Expert
I'm a TeleSales FEX Agent contemplating going F2F. Conservatively, I'm basing my F2F Direct Mail assumptions on a 50% appointment rate and of those a 50% close rate (25% total). If the above is realistic, I believe I can lower cost per acquisition by more than 50%, thereby doubling net return.

For an agent of average closing ability is the 50% and 50% a realistic expectation?

What kind of % are you guys/gals seeing.

Thanks,

FEX Agent

I am in NW FL and F2F is tough. People here won't answer the phone so you have to door knock. Heard it is just as bad in GA. Not sure you will be able to set appointments with 50% of your leads. My goal is to sell 20% of the leads by whatever means it takes. Buy 20 and sell 4 and I am a happy camper.

I'm a TeleSales FEX Agent contemplating going F2F. Conservatively, I'm basing my F2F Direct Mail assumptions on a 50% appointment rate and of those a 50% close rate (25% total). If the above is realistic, I believe I can lower cost per acquisition by more than 50%, thereby doubling net return.

For an agent of average closing ability is the 50% and 50% a realistic expectation?

Thanks,

FEX Agent

Why do you want to flip to f2f?

Thanks,

FEX Agent

In Georgia your numbers are totally doable. If you're talented, you might even be able to close more like 30%. With that being said, you'll need to follow 3 rules.

1. Have full phone days, calling through your leads around 8x
2. Door knock ANY and ALL leads that you can't get an appointment from
3. Deliver your policies for at least your first year... You'll get easy referrals this way and will end up with more Solid sales!

Thanks,

FEX Agent

Which method, face 2 face or tele-sales, provides you the highest profit per hour.

Ex: Face 2 face yields you 5 sales per 20 leads, utilizing door knocking only, over an ave. 4 day period in the summer or a 5 day period in the winter.
VS
Tele-sales yields you only 3 sales per 20 leads, over an ave 2 day period. Here tele-sales has a higher acquisition cost but yields approx. the same amount of profit per hour as the face 2 face method......all other factors the same.

Acquisition costs is an important metric, but profit per hour is the most important metric.

Another ex: I'd be happy to pay $100 per lead if my ave closing % was 80% with these leads, and they always answered the phone or the door on my 1st attempt even if it took 6 days to make contact (as if they might be 50 miles apart from each other).

Some agents excel at face 2 face but fail at tele-sales, some agents excel with tele-sales but fail with face 2 face sales, some agents excel at both methods, and some agents fail at both methods.

Sounds as if your upline may not be experienced with tele-sales, otherwise you wouldn't have to come up here looking for answers. You and anyone else should feel free to call me.

With that being said, you'll need to follow 3 rules.

1. Have full phone days, calling through your leads around 8x
2. Door knock ANY and ALL leads that you can't get an appointment from
3. Deliver your policies for at least your first year... You'll get easy referrals this way and will end up with more Solid sales!

Honest to Goodness real solid rules right there. I would *asterisk the 1st rule and say you do not need full phone days if you commit to 8 hours/day minimum of knocking a route of leads organized/mapped for maximum drive time efficiency. Always have at least 25 to 30 fresh leads on your route, and do not throw away a lead until you see that person eyeball to eyeball.

Good tread showing there are different successful methods.

Depends. Your leads and filters, your area, NYC v rural, your F2F skill set, your dedication to the F2F grind.

There is no correct way nor wrong way. Same as there is one perfect company. There are however many IMOs that may not fit for a particular agent's needs. Example - a F2F agency that does not believe in or have the skill set for phone sales is a horrible match for a phone agent but my great for a F2F guy. Define your negative.

Is the the primary negative on your current setup the ROI of leads?

Is the the primary negative on your current setup the ROI of leads?

Thanks for the feedback Wino. Yes, that's the main negative. I grind all day, 5 days a week, to submit 15-20K per month. After charge backs and lead costs, I net $4-6K per month. So ROI is the main gripe. You also have to endure a lot more NO (s) per sale in Telesales. Unless you possess a unique talent, that makes it harder to maintain a positive mental attitude.

So, I'm close to taking the plunge into F2F if the consensus, among those actually making it happen, is closing 1:4 FE DM leads is a reasonable expectation for a hard working, average closer.

You also have to endure a lot more NO (s) per sale in Telesales.

Time from receiving the lead to get to a No and time to get to a Yes? Telesales v F2F?

I have done both. They are both the worst and best method.

So, I'm close to taking the plunge into F2F

Then that is exactly what I would do. You already have phone skills. Find a good F2F mentor and run. There are very successful agents doing each.

Back