Tricare and MAPD Plans

supersupps

Guru
I've been referred to some people and today 2 people told me they have tricare for life and are going to enroll in a sec horiz mapd. My KFC training told me to NEVER have anyone that has tricare go to an mapd bec they can lose their tricare, which is the best coverage in town for free, and not get it returned to them . Can they ever get it back if they make the error of enrolling in an mapd?

I don't know if it disenrolls them or if so if they can get it back (probably not if they are disenrolled.) But they either don't understand Tricare for Life or they don't understand the MA plan or MA in general. Once someone on group understands the volatile nature of the MA market, they will usually stay put.

When I was selling MA plans I never put someone who had group insurance on an MA (no matter what the shortcomings of the group plan were,) much less Tricare.

I say "Thank you for your service. Tricare is the best plan available to Seniors and you earned it. Which of your friends isn't so lucky?"

Back