Trouble Getting Appointment After Bankruptcy

Scotty1980

Super Genius
I have a bankruptcy that was discharged about 6 months ago. Will I have any trouble getting appointed with any life insurance carrier?

I have also read that even if if you get appointed their will be no advance for a certain period of time. Is this correct? Please explain.

There's probably some company out there that will appoint you, but the captive "career" companies will want 18 months discharged. You might get better if the agency manager sells it hard to thr home office.

I think there ought to be a federal law, where credit and credit history should be off limits from emloyers or prospective employers and should not be a determining factor in employment much like race, gender, religion or sexual orientation are off limits.

What happened to my post? I'll repost. I think a person's credit history should be protected by law from employers or potential employers. I don't think it should be part of the screening process, and should not determine employment much like gender, race and a persons religion should not determine employment. Why should bad credit prevent a person from being able to make a living and re-build their credit? I wish you the best of luck with that, I'm sure you'll find someone to appoint you.

Last edited:
What happened to my post? I'll repost. I think a person's credit history should be protected by law from employers or potential employers. I don't think it should be part of the screening process, and should not determine employment much like gender, race and a persons religion should not determine employment. Why should bad credit prevent a person from being able to make a living and re-build their credit? I wish you the best of luck with that, I'm sure you'll find someone to appoint you.

What are you smoking? if someone is in the financial industry, playing with peoples money/livelyhoods, investing, and you cant pay your pwn bills or make piss poor decisions, why would I or anyone want you handling MY financial future?

YOU are supposed to be an advisor to people, and shitty credit or BK etc proves you cant.

Same goes for criminal history, oh ya, GREAT idea, lets hire someone to work in a bank, handling 1000's of dollars who was convicted of stealing or misuse of funds.

:swoon:

What are you smoking? if someone is in the financial industry, playing with peoples money/livelyhoods, investing, and you cant pay your pwn bills or make piss poor decisions, why would I or anyone want you handling MY financial future?

YOU are supposed to be an advisor to people, and shitty credit or BK etc proves you cant.

Same goes for criminal history, oh ya, GREAT idea, lets hire someone to work in a bank, handling 1000's of dollars who was convicted of stealing or misuse of funds.

:swoon:

Some people lose their jobs or get laid off after years of paying their bills and doing well, then their credit is ruined. That happens, but then again maybe not in your perfect world.

Some people lose their jobs or get laid off after years of paying their bills and doing well, then their credit is ruined. That happens, but then again maybe not in your perfect world.

There are things over which people have no control but on the other hand there is also a lot of irresponsibility.

There are things over which people have no control but on the other hand there is also a lot of irresponsibility.

Yes it depends BUT, can't lump all or even most with less then stellar credit together as not being responsible.

I have heard of several agents on this board, getting appointed with life carriers and getting an advance, while they are in an bankruptcy...

Was it a Chapter 13 or Chapter 7?

I have a bankruptcy that was discharged about 6 months ago. Will I have any trouble getting appointed with any life insurance carrier?

I have also read that even if if you get appointed their will be no advance for a certain period of time. Is this correct? Please explain.

Yes it depends BUT, can't lump all or even most with less then stellar credit together as not being responsible.

You are free to hire whomever you wish. Please hire several agents with bad credit and recent bankruptcies and let us know how it works out.

Back