Trouble getting them to the door

Can't imagine seeing that come up the drive or looking at me through the peep hole..

This is what passes for peepholes in the south

outdoorhub-mad-gun-science-birdshot-effective-indoor-distances-2015-03-16_22-19-05.jpg

I refuse to drive 100-200 miles a day burning all that gas only to not even have people come to the door.

100-200 miles a day is pretty crazy off only 20 leads a week.
Oftentimes 20 knocks is under 12 miles.
I haven't come across anyone on a forum that has any interest in maximizing efficiency and profit per hour (with dk'n), but you should at least know some of the basics if you knock.
Otherwise you will be much much better served by setting appointments.
If you're independent, it's your choice. And you say it worked better for you.

Last edited:
100-200 miles a day is pretty crazy off only 20 leads a week.
Oftentimes 20 knocks is under 12 miles.
I haven't come across anyone on a forum that has any interest in maximizing efficiency and profit per hour (with dk'n), but you should at least know some of the basics if you knock.
Otherwise you will be much much better served by setting appointments.
If you're independent, it's your choice. And you say it worked better for you.
Doorknocking rural is not efficient in the least. But urban dk can often be more efficient, if you’re working a tight enough area.

That said... "do what is working and work on what is not doing." :yes::err:

That.

Most of my senior clients are exactly that, but are still active and don’t stay home during the day.

Same here. One reason I always get their cell number and ask if they text. Also why I make appointments.

If you're Independent, you can do it the way YOU want. :yes:

Exactly. Otherwise you are not independent.

10 years in the business. Likes making appointments. Has more success making appointments. FE agents tout this as a daytime business, he only wants to do daytime.

IMO - (assuming) want agents that fit their business model.
Experienced Agents - should want an IMO that fits their wants.

Independent agents are the business owners, not the IMO.

All IMohsoHO *

"Calling for appointments may be more efficient than door knocking, but it is not as effective as door knocking." - Alan Benedict, FE Agent and long time knocker of doors (now retired, I understand).
Somewhere in my stack of stuff from years ago that I kept for future reference is an old issue of Life Insurance Selling with Alan Benedict on the cover and a feature article on selling FE. I adopted a lot of his methods after reading the article. (Including “the wave”! He was the first guy I ever heard of that from. It’s also the one method of his I quickly abandoned! LOL!)

Back