Trouble getting them to the door

FE is not my gig, but based on what you have posted, you need a change of scenery.

There are plenty of recruiters and trainers here with FE systems that WORK. But like any business, you will need to have the cash to get started AND money left over to pay your bills.

This is not a 9 to 5 business.

Maybe this is not the right time for you and you should return to something that fits your personality and abilities.

People are often curious by nature... People that mail in DM cards are curious and will allow that curiosity to cause them to act.

I'm an old door knocker... and if you aren't getting in, most of the time there is a reason, and you need a "check-up from the neck-up".

People will respond in the first .5 seconds to 2 things (maybe 3)...
  • How you dress... don't look like a bum (that means facial hair is usually out)... Mildred likes them clean shaven... also your size, big and tall need to step down and back from the door.
  • What your face is saying... it will scream while you sand there silent... is it greeting or grieving?
  • Do you smell good... :laugh:, I am sure you do just remember that is important as well.
QUESTION?

Of the ones that answer the door, how many let you in?

The ones that answer usually let me in. I just have very low closing rates among those as opposed to the appointments I’ve set. It’s night and day.

Of the ones that answer the door, how many let you in?

Good question . . .

So I gather you can't grow facial hair OR on top of your head.

Not that there is anything wrong with that. It doesn't mean you have low-T or anything that challenges your masculinity . . .

pat062.jpg

The ones that answer usually let me in. I just have very low closing rates among those as opposed to the appointments I’ve set. It’s night and day.

When is the last time you had someone (a consistent producer) follow you?

Often times we revert to old habits without really realizing we have done so... or we pick up bad ones in the course of time. You have the right skills it would seem... but perhaps you have picked up some bad habits or off script a bit. Having someone who is "on task" follow you for a couple of appointments and critique you would be a very valuable. VERY VALUABLE!

I cannot tell you how often this has been very beneficial for me over the years.

Well I’m the only one my IMO has in my state so nobody is going to follow me on appointments lol!

I try to remain very aware of my body language and what I say and how I say it all the time. Maybe I’m TOO aware and not coming off natural. Either way, I can work on that when I actually start talking with people. Again, my biggest problem right now is actually getting folks to answer their damn door. I can’t have a conversation with a closed door.

Well I’m the only one my IMO has in my state so nobody is going to follow me on appointments lol!

I try to remain very aware of my body language and what I say and how I say it all the time. Maybe I’m TOO aware and not coming off natural. Either way, I can work on that when I actually start talking with people. Again, my biggest problem right now is actually getting folks to answer their damn door. I can’t have a conversation with a closed door.

While I agree that sales can be made either with appointments or with knocking a lead with no appointment, I don’t understand why your up line would discourage appointment setting. IF it’s working for you.

Our agency strongly encourages setting appointments. And if we have a struggling agent that is not setting appointments that is going to be step one in turning him around. But if I have a successful agent who just wants to door knock, why would I insist that he change? Why fix something that is not broke?

You might need to change their minds rather than have them change yours.

I agree. I will move on from them if they continue to talk down to me regarding appointment setting.

This seems really strange. Are you buying fresh leads? I have worked in Louisiana myself and half the time the door is wide open and I just yell in through the screen door to ask for Miss Mary. I typically flash the lead real quick and they just let me right in as they remembered sending the lead in. Often, folks just yell back and say "come in."

I'm not trying to diminish your experience, it just seems like something is off.

Back