UHC COMMISION

margostl

Super Genius
Has anyone else had this occur.I placed a client that had UHCAARP on plan N. They previously had plan F with a different agent who I think was captive.I received 0 commission based on the fact according to( PDH help desk) that the client had no break in service.N was a better fit due to client going to the Doc. 2xyr.
and only on 1 htn med.Of course he also saved $720.00.OOP His prem. were split with former employer paying the other $1200.00

I wouldnt have sold that without finding out first if I would get paid. I wouldnt be surprised if you dont get paid on this one. That being said, it was awfully nice of you to help him out, the customer, and the agent :)

The agent lost out as well, which is why I question it. I am now listed as the agent of record
looks like I helped UHC. Don't mind so much helping the client since I sold 2 life policies to him and the wife.

You don't get a commission on internal replacements with UHC. To move from Plan F to Plan N didn't even require a new app, all they had to do was call AARP member services.

Last edited:
Move em to a different company if you can or take it as a learning experience. Then take the remaining $720 extra money he has now and see if you can provide some extra value with a great CHAS/DVH/LI plan.

Has anyone else had this occur.I placed a client that had UHCAARP on plan N. They previously had plan F with a different agent who I think was captive.I received 0 commission based on the fact according to( PDH help desk) that the client had no break in service.N was a better fit due to client going to the Doc. 2xyr.
and only on 1 htn med.Of course he also saved $720.00.OOP His prem. were split with former employer paying the other $1200.00

No commission but the application will be counted toward the 300 minimum active policy count to qualify for the 40.00 retention commish per policy they pay us on renewals after the 6th year

I wouldnt have sold that without finding out first if I would get paid. I wouldnt be surprised if you dont get paid on this one. That being said, it was awfully nice of you to help him out, the customer, and the agent :)
Did that once with Moo..I knew I wasn't getting paid on the wife, but got her on my book along with the husband, who was a current client. I didn't take her from another agent though, she was one of Moo's direct. I didn't think there would be a snowball's chance they would ever pay on her, and they didn't surprise me.

Back