UHC Commission Change Question

Does this affect florida? I didn't get the email and I don't know where to look on the broker site

never mind, just found it. 2% for marketplace, 4% off market

Last edited:
The override is 0% and the agent commission is 2%. Now the FMO may have decided that since they weren't going to make any $$ that they would put you to 0% so you didn't sell any plans.

That is genius. Wish I had my downlines assign commissions to play that game with UHC.

So the commission with Uhc was 8% and 3% yr 2 and 3? Is it 2,0,0?Pb what were you making 2% overide? And your fmo was making 1%?

I was excited to hear that UHC was coming back to VA off exchange. I still have my old pre-ACA plan with them. Their off exchange plans were (who knows now since they can change the rules in the middle of the game) on a large statewide choice network. I am so glad that so far I haven't placed a lot of business with them. I thank the web broker issues for slowing down my momentum which minimized the bleeding.

I did do some UHC yesterday doing the best thing for my client. Then I got an email from a lead I contacted 2 years ago. They were not subsidy eligible. So of course to skip the exchange I decided to go straight to the carrier website to run the quote. All of the plans were gone. Only STM. What? Something did not smell good.

I checked the health reform area the plan maps etc were gone. I went back to Maryland's exchange where I just raved to a client about how great UHC was and tried to find the provider list. It's connected to some weird site.

I called UHC. Waited forever on speaker phone while working. I was told that as of today they removed all health insurance FFM quoting from the site except in a few states. HMMM!!! We lost both on and off exchange in VA. No QHP's. We tried to find a provider lookup tool and finally found one. Who knows if it will work today. Here it is. Humor yourself. :D

United Health Care Provider Lookup

She said there were a lot of changes going on and that in most areas we would only be able to quote UHC on exchange. Still clueless. Good thing my client sent me a late night email. Please quote me only PPO which UHC is not.
So I moved him to CareFirst. YEAH! a whole $15.75 for a $1000 contract.

I've made my decision. Gotta look out for me. I'll be fair to the client. letting them know all of their options. I'll let them know up front that if they want to go with a carrier that pays $0 commissions the have a friend at healthcare.gov. They don't pay me but my time comes at a price and I value it more than the insurance companies do.

Don't praise me. Don't lie to me. Time to say good bye to me. I've chosen my companies and will remove the unfair ones from my list. More referrals for HC.gov. Even giving a web broker quoting link wouldn't solve it because if the stick for one month and then die out. Even if you pay $2 or $10 per app the headache is not worth it for the return on the back end. I'd be paying $10 to get $5.75. How crazy is that.

No notice commission cuts in the middle of the game something about that sounds illegal to me. :skeptical:

2AM checked the forum after a long hard day. Now it all makes sense. :mad:

Are there still agents selling health insurance?

I thought that cheese moved out a long time ago.

If one of you guys is good at health and wants referrals from Indiana and Kentucky, I get asked about it every day. And I want nothing to do with it. Send me a PM with your contact info if you want referrals on these.

Back