UHC Terming for Non Payment on Jan 8th

Was told today that renewing people on exchange who have a subsidy and are changing UHC plans for 2016 do have the 90 day grace period.

However, new on exchange with subsidy clients have until 1/8/16 deadline for payment for 1/1/16 eff date. Verified and recorded conversation with rep.

So far I have been told the deadline for 1/1/16 was:
originally 1/31, then 1/1/16, then 1/15, then 1/8, then 1/9, now 1/8/16.

if a company wants the business they will extend the deadline until January 31st, if not they will hold firm with this Friday January 8th.

Verified and recorded conversation with rep.

:D Sounds like a call to the Marketplace. IF you call again what do you think you'll hear?

In rural south Texas, UHC is discouraging us to write business with them. I tried to steer as many people away from them as possible. Humana is our only other PPO choice and it's the bronze. After March the 1st I'm refusing to put customers with Humana for 3% commission. Made the decision a few hours ago, shutting the individual health insurance side of the business down. Means job losses but these insurance companies don't seem to be very optimistic about the future, and at the way things are looking, I don't either. Sorry needed to unload.:no:

Was told today that renewing people on exchange who have a subsidy and are changing UHC plans for 2016 do have the 90 day grace period.

However, new on exchange with subsidy clients have until 1/8/16 deadline for payment for 1/1/16 eff date. Verified and recorded conversation with rep.

Doesn't obummercare require carriers to give applicants 30 days to pay?

And I've had some UHC reps say some applicants didn't receive any January invoice for payment.

Doesn't obummercare require carriers to give applicants 30 days to pay?

And I've had some UHC reps say some applicants didn't receive any January invoice for payment.

The law says "...issuer must provide a grace period ... if an enrollee ... has previously paid at least one full month's premium..."

Binder payment is the exception-no grace period is prescribed. I have a few carriers enforcing the same rule, and they made it abundantly clear they won't cut any slack.

45 CFR 156.270(d) is the law for APTC recipients. Carriers are basically allowed to define their own procedure/grace period for non-subsidized members under section (c) so long as it complies with a few other regs.

What's sad is that the rep I talked to said their are a lot of agents calling to check on members who paid the Jan premium...and UHC has no record of payment made.

Pain in the a** to call clients that paid online and tell them UHC can't find their payment and they need to call back or lose their coverage

Back