UHC Terming for Non Payment on Jan 8th

Friday 1.8.2016

When I click on the News and Updates link in the Broker's area of UHOne.com, it takes me to Welcome | UHC Individual Marketplace Updates which looks like it hasn't been current since 2014.

Does UHC post current updates for Brokers someplace else, or did they pretty much start distancing themselves from us back in 2014?

Today is January 10th. Did United Healthcare cancel plans for non-payment of initial premium at the end of the day on January 8th? My single solitary UHC client paid her initial 2016 premium 2 weeks ago, but is still showing as "pending" at UHOne.com.

Today is January 10th. Did United Healthcare cancel plans for non-payment of initial premium at the end of the day on January 8th? My single solitary UHC client paid her initial 2016 premium 2 weeks ago, but is still showing as "pending" at UHOne.com.

Have had a few people call in today that just got their bill this weekend. When they tried to call in to pay, they were told it was termed.... Now we can re-enroll them for 0%!

Cue up the health questions for future enrollments!

Have had a few people call in today that just got their bill this weekend. When they tried to call in to pay, they were told it was termed.... Now we can re-enroll them for 0%!

Cue up the health questions for future enrollments!

I hope enough of these folks have non-covered medical issues in January to bring about a big fat high-profile United Healthcare lawsuit.

I walked into a slew of erroneous auto drafts...I be the banks aren't too happy.

Also, still encountering the unapplied payment issue as well.

I have about 30 that have paid over the phone, but the payment has not been matched up yet. Will be interesting to see what happens. Not holding my breath..
Have started telling referral and leads that I no longer will write that carrier and to call the exchange.

How do wimpy cowardly companies reduce their exposure to ObamaCare? By eliminating commissions, triggering massive failures in their software, and reducing the new business staff to just Milly and Billy. Here's one of many UHC horror stories impacting Americans this month... (I hope they remember what United Healthcare did to them, when they reach Medicare age.)

"United Healthcare is about 25-30 days behind on processing these applications in their system," he said. "For example, right now, people who enrolled on Dec. 15 for a Jan. 1 effective date are just now showing up in their system and United Healthcare is requesting more documentation in the form of having to have the insured prove that they are actually losing their coverage at the end of 2015 in order to get that Jan. 1 effective date."

Can't get a 1.1.2016 effective date for your 12.15.2015 enrollment without DOCUMENTATION? OMG...They're even breaking the law to make applicants change their mind and go elsewhere.

Article: Consumers experience delay in insurance ID cards

We had new "essential plans" launch in my state this year. $0-$20 premium/month, no deductible, ridiculously low cost sharing.

Carriers don't like this new plan, so I've had nothing but issues. Doctors are RUNNING FOR THEIR LIVES to get out of the network. I have clients calling 40+ doctors with every one saying they won't accept it or left the network (although every single one is listed in the directory as accepting new patients). Not a single patient has been able to use even the RX benefit- pharmacies won't take it either! In fact, none even have an ID card or working number...

PCP designations won't stick. CSR's hang up on clients. Doesn't recognize a broker, won't let us service them, no commission, nada. When a client does get through, and does get help, they're given fake ID numbers that don't work just to get them off the line. If you call in for providers, because everyone you call says they won't take it, they just give you the 3 closest providers to your zip and hang up on you (even if the 3 closest are all in the same office, not PCP's, and still not accepting new patients... Even if you clearly indicate you already called them.)

Basically all my CSR eligibles are now in one of these essential plans, and they were all renewed well before 12/15. Not a single one has been able to use any service whatsoever.

If I didn't know better, I'd think that it's all intentional.

UHC has been a nightmare for us this enrollment period. We have had CSR's create tickets to resolve issues, only to find out it has been closed and unresolved, less than six hours later. And these aren't isolated incidents. From payments not being applied, to lost payments, rude/unhelpful CSR's, or members simply not showing active coverage in provider systems.

These were not issues at all last year, so I don't see how this is anything but deliberate on UHC's part.

What have you guys been doing to resolve these problems in a timely manner? It seems impossible to find a competent person within UHC's staff. 90% of the reps we get on the phone have been hired less than 90 days ago and don't have a clue what they're doing.

Latest posts

Back