UHC Terming for Non Payment on Jan 8th

Your key words are "this year". They didn't have these issues in 2015, which points to "intentional", vs "incompetence". Especially in light of the "We Screwed Up!" statements from United Healthcare leadership, removal of plans from UHOne.com, Reduction in Commissions, and administrative snafus that are keeping 2016 UHC applicants from becoming 2016 UHC customers.

Actually UHC had very similar challenges for the 15 plan year.

How about this one- client paid for Jan. back in November, UHC admits it see the payment, but their system shows the policy, which is new and effective 1/1, has a paid through date of 1/1. So, the client's policy is not activated, cannot access benefits, cannot get online, no cards, no nothing from UHC. She calls UHC and is told she is 'ineligible' for coverage. I call broker support and they say, 'oh there has been a pause in the system and the payment is not being applied, we need to have someone figure out why it is not being appied.'

I can totally see this policy getting termed for nonpayment on Jan 8 even though the client has indeed paid and the insurance company says they see the payment but for some stupid reason doesn't know how to apply the payment.

Same thing happened here. Client paid 12/1 or 12/2. Haven't seen cards. We call last week and they say that they've received payment, but it hasn't been posted yet. They would send in a request to post payment. Called today, first rep says client isn't in their system, second says they haven't received any payment, and last gal gives me the same spiel about it not being posted.

Kruger is right, same problems last year. Moved about 10 clients away from them just for that reason. We needed a "do over"

Actually UHC had very similar challenges for the 15 plan year.

I don't remember seeing so many negative UHC threads as 2015 arrived. I guess everyone attributed their troubles to first year on the exchange growing pains. Thankfully UHC is so high priced in this area, no one even asks about them for 2015 or 2016.

Your key words are "this year". They didn't have these issues in 2015, which points to "intentional", vs "incompetence". Especially in light of the "We Screwed Up!" statements from United Healthcare leadership, removal of plans from UHOne.com, Reduction in Commissions, and administrative snafus that are keeping 2016 UHC applicants from becoming 2016 UHC customers.

They absolutely did have identical problems in 2015 during Q2, it was a disaster of the highest order

They absolutely did have identical problems in 2015 during Q2, it was a disaster of the highest order

But agents felt that everything was going to be better this year...especially after the CEO said that UHC made a big-time mistake by going on the Exchanges in 2015. Are we optimists..or something else?

Broker support said 1/1/16 apps not paid before 1/1/16 will auto terminate this week. Oh, but we can rewrite them for 2/1 or 3/1.

Called Billing and they said new enrollees have until 1/15 and renewals have until 1/30 to make payment...

But agents felt that everything was going to be better this year...especially after the CEO said that UHC made a big-time mistake by going on the Exchanges in 2015. Are we optimists..or something else?

Which agents might that have been? Ones that didn't write any UHC in 2015 and have to deal with all of the problems?

Broker support said 1/1/16 apps not paid before 1/1/16 will auto terminate this week. Oh, but we can rewrite them for 2/1 or 3/1. Called Billing and they said new enrollees have until 1/15 and renewals have until 1/30 to make payment...
good to see that broker support and billing are on the same page

Which agents might that have been? Ones that didn't write any UHC in 2015 and have to deal with all of the problems?

Right, FLM2. Those of us who didn't write any UHC in 2015 are/were unaware that the company had massive billing problems last year. Without this forum, I'd have no idea that UHC was having massive billing problems here in 2016. There were no UHC billing problem threads during 2015 O.E..

Back