UHC to charge for processing paper apps

DecisionMan

Guru
100+ Post Club
Michigan
Note this from the 2019 Commission Amendment for PDP and MAPD apps:

"Note: The above commissions will be paid for electronic enrollments only. In the event that Agent or its Representatives submit paper based enrollments, the Company reserves the right to charge Agent and its Representatives an administrative fee which will be deducted from the Agent-level commission specified above. The amount of any administrative fee will be determined by the Company and made available to Agent upon request."​

Note this from the 2019 Commission Amendment for PDP and MAPD apps:

"Note: The above commissions will be paid for electronic enrollments only. In the event that Agent or its Representatives submit paper based enrollments, the Company reserves the right to charge Agent and its Representatives an administrative fee which will be deducted from the Agent-level commission specified above. The amount of any administrative fee will be determined by the Company and made available to Agent upon request."​

They went from hating the idea of an e-app to being asinine.

I'm sure 84 yr old Mary Lou will enjoy having yo docusign her app...

This is not new language for UHC. It has been in the commission amendments for at least the past two plan years and they are still paying for paper apps. They prefer LEAN submissions, but submitting paper apps has not affected commissions to this point.

The year is nearly 2020. Electronic Applications are the best thing since sliced bread. It’s time to give it the old college try. It’s not that difficult. You can post on this forum, you can submit an electronic app.

The year is nearly 2020. Electronic Applications are the best thing since sliced bread. It’s time to give it the old college try. It’s not that difficult. You can post on this forum, you can submit an electronic app.

I was told that all their online apps are only available for face to face, I would love to do online apps with them, Because over the phone online would be more efficient

I sure hope not! I've done plenty non f2f UHC business... all three... MAPD, Med Supp, and PDP.

Is that with lean?

I inquired about that a couple of years ago and I was told by my upline it was not available for nonface to face and been hearing as of this AEP people have been using it over the Phone has this changed or was I misinformed?

Is that with lean?

I inquired about that a couple of years ago and I was told by my upline it was not available for nonface to face and been hearing as of this AEP people have been using it over the Phone has this changed or was I misinformed?

I'm not sure if it "changed" or not. I remember hearing only f2f w/ UHC years ago but I thought that was no longer a thing. I've done their apps non f2f for a long time (prior to lean, I would mail the prospect the app for signature).

The signature options on LEAN have in person with a pad or Remote via email link & docusign w/ access code.

It's designed to allow for non f2f sales now.

I'm not sure if it "changed" or not. I remember hearing only f2f w/ UHC years ago but I thought that was no longer a thing. I've done their apps non f2f for a long time (prior to lean, I would mail the prospect the app for signature).

The signature options on LEAN have in person with a pad or Remote via email link & docusign w/ access code.

It's designed to allow for non f2f sales now.

Awsome Don't know if I can take some time to learn it now but will use it after AEP at the least

Awsome Don't know if I can take some time to learn it now but will use it after AEP at the least

Cool. It's actually very, very easy. Great for underwritten. People seem to have little-to-no trouble using docusign on their end.

Back