Unethical Agent...what would you do?

Other agent when confronted said the client must have been mistaken and that unemployment coverage was even an issue or really discussed. He agreed to not submit his app and let mine stick.

If the client wasn't so direct during the appointment setting phase and in the home, I'd almost believe the agent.

Don't know if the client will pursue a complaint or not, to me it's his call as it will be his words, not mine that would have any impact.

If he's got a securities license wouldn't take much to put a complaint on him. If it's like you say I'd say go for it.

Seems like there is always somebody out there pushing the limit. There is somebody that works in my area that's very good at turning a call around. What he does when they say they're working with someone else, he asks them who and they tell him my name and then he says, "Oh I'm from her office just following up on some of her phone calls." I've had 3 clients over the last couple of years tell me this. I believe I'm pretty good at building credibility with clients so before they did anything they gave me a call. (Of course, those are the ones I know about.)

I guess it takes all kinds. I always wonder about these people that are "creative" -- if they took all the time and energy it takes to do business the wrong way just think what they could do by being honest!!

I have found that snake oil agents do not last on this board. Most are either shown the errors in their ways and choose the correct path (selling honestly) or they just stop posting.

I like the idea of the client calling the carrier to verify what the unemployment rider or feature actually does.

I still maintain to stay out of it... If the role was reversed and you had some confused client, would you want the other agent pushing a complaint. Complaints are supposed to be used when an issue can't be worked out between a client and an insurance agent/company.

The agent has agreed to drop the application, leave the rest up to the customer. If the customer chooses to file a complaint, then so be it. Just give the customer the vital info.

Was the application from the other agent only taken or was a policy actually issued. This isn't terribly clear.

For all the time spent on this, you could have written another app on a customer that isn't confused...

This is why I constantly hammer "the mortgage protection game", but people still wish to be in this game for some reason. To get of my high horse about this type of selling a moment: report the guy, and the company he represents, to the state board of insurance.

{ Side note: come on, you guys sound like a bunch of snake oil salesman, are you selling life insurance, or unemployment insurance, or mortgage payment insurance?? How about "wife cheated" insurance, for those who have a wife who ran off with someone else and kept the house and the guy is now responsible for half the payment? }

AND WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU WROTE A POLICY??... GO AWAY, LEAVE THE BOARD... YOUR JOKE

I would leave it alone. Let the customer know his rights and explain the complaint procedure. You never know if the customer is telling the complete truth. He may have told you all of that crap to get YOU out of the picture.

I don't know the customer or the exact situation, but no good can come from getting deeply involved in this. Point the customer in the right direction, leave your contact info, and move on...

I AGREE 100%, LEAD THE DONKEY TO WATER.... BUT LET HIM FIGURE OUT IF HE WANTS TO DRINK!!!

Win, didn't you post that you were not interested in anyone on this board's information...like on health insurance? Or did you forgive all the agents on this board and due a quick return, or are you just picking brains? Just curious?
:skeptical:

Dang Peeler, I appreciate you very much as well. Want to grab a beer sometime, when I'm in North TX?? How about a chicken fried steak at Babe's? { I do have a lot of extra free time on my hands}

Win, didn't you post that you were not interested in anyone on this board's information...like on health insurance? Or did you forgive all the agents on this board and due a quick return, or are you just picking brains? Just curious?
:skeptical:

Never said I wasn't looking for anyone on this board's information...quite the opposite. So far I've found some great information here and occassionally I try to provide some as well. Health insurance post was my bad in hindsight.

So, we can have any opinion on here we want, as long as we never say anything bad about the selling of health insurance? Never ever? Health insurance is something that is easy to prospect for, people need it, want it. But then considering the downsides to it after it is sold and while in underwriting..... there are some negatives. So, we can never bring up any negatives?

Back