Unethical Agent...what would you do?

Sounds like Old Mutual Home Certain. This is the NAA game. Slam em with non-meds when most are probably healthy as a horse and could get a preferred rate. Let them think the 6 month unemployment rider is paying the mortgage and the critical ilness is actually a disability rider because it gets issued easier. It is set up for the quick sale and the temptations are plentiful. Clean sheeting apps became such a problem when I was part of the org. that Phillip had to have a break out session on that issue. He wanted them to list health problems because he knew in the long run it would come back to bite him. In fact F&G didn't have a booth at that convention and when I asked why, my manager said: "probably because they are running scared." This was the first of many red flags for me to get out before I become a behind the scenes compromiser.

What would you do?

Has this policy been received and some time has passed and it is history or does he still have a free-look period coming up? If so I would be very clear with this client what your understanding is and what issues he should check on himself by calling customer service before his free-look period is over and then I would walk away with an offer to show him some other options if he decides to cancel the other policy.

Winter

I still maintain to stay out of it... If the role was reversed and you had some confused client, would you want the other agent pushing a complaint. Complaints are supposed to be used when an issue can't be worked out between a client and an insurance agent/company.

The agent has agreed to drop the application, leave the rest up to the customer. If the customer chooses to file a complaint, then so be it. Just give the customer the vital info.

Was the application from the other agent only taken or was a policy actually issued. This isn't terribly clear.

For all the time spent on this, you could have written another app on a customer that isn't confused...

That's exactly what I chose to do. Other agent dropped the application, client his happy with what he got. Other agent had written an app the day before, app was not even submitted. I doubt that he'll pursue any type of complaint.

Back