Uninsured Rate Drops To Lowest Level Since The '90s

You set the bar pretty low. Glad you got your wish.

Well, I actually set it a little higher hoping for the recognition of gay marriage, but I know some people are offended by the idea, so I left that out. Additionally, I wanted the expansion of the Federal Government's power into every aspect of our daily lives, so I'm winning. Thanks.

Oh, one other thing, my brother has hired college bound high school seniors for seasonal employment, that couldn't understand how to read hat and shoe sizes, so it's all good.

Well, I actually set it a little higher hoping for the recognition of gay marriage, but I know some people are offended by the idea, so I left that out. Additionally, I wanted the expansion of the Federal Government's power into every aspect of our daily lives, so I'm winning. Thanks.

Oh, one other thing, my brother has hired college bound high school seniors for seasonal employment, that couldn't understand how to read hat and shoe sizes, so it's all good.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.:skeptical:

May 6, 2015 FYI...

Republicans are shifting their line of attack on ObamaCare, abandoning assertions that few people are taking advantage of the law for new arguments that enrollees are getting stuck with low-quality insurance plans.

Republicans are now acknowledging that an expansion has taken place, but are pointing to the quality of the insurance that people are gaining to argue that the law is still bad for the country.

Boehner said on NBC’s “Meet the Press”: “Yeah, you know why there’s more people insured? Because a lot more people are on Medicaid.

Source (TheHill.com): The GOP
ac

It seems like I'm the only one has insurance these days. my friends either have insurance through their employer and they're complaining they have less benefits ....or surprisingly they have joined a Christian cost-sharing risk pool scheme sharing medical expenses or they're just going without insurance.
We will see what happens when the next rate increases occur.

We will see what happens when the next rate increases occur.

I would not be surprised to see something in the 15 - 20% range for 2016 and fewer carriers. The risk corridor isn't paying out like it was supposed to and is impacting smaller carriers (such as Assurant).

Co-ops are biting the dust.

Fall open enrollment is not going to be pretty.

I would not be surprised to see something in the 15 - 20% range for 2016 and fewer carriers. The risk corridor isn't paying out like it was supposed to and is impacting smaller carriers (such as Assurant).

Co-ops are biting the dust.

Fall open enrollment is not going to be pretty.

http://www.rwjf.org/content/dam/farm/reports/issue_briefs/2015/rwjf417873

Worth a read, nice report from Oct '14 outlining the performance of co-ops for the first 10 months.

Figure 5 is interesting, total expense compared to premiums. All but 1 company is spending more than it's collecting, some a whole lot more than they're collecting, and most are expecting payouts from the "three R's" which may or may not happen.

Back