United Agent Solutions

The companies they recommended to me were Foresters and American Amicable both at 115% contracts, and Royal Neighbors and Monumental both at 105% if I'm remembering which company went with which contract %. They recommended at least two companies to make sure I could offer coverage from one or the other depending on what their health issues, etc. are. Their lead cost seemed very reasonable compared to what's out there. My experience with NAA was mortgage protection with a 55-60% contract and still having to pay for leads ! JD, I've just left a staff manager position at a local debit company after nearly 3 years because I simply couldn't take the constant turnover of agents. I'm just getting back into the mortgage protection market where my upline provide my leads for free in exchange for a lower contract of around 80-90%. I'm not really getting enough leads though to make a living at this point, and I would like to get into the FE or Senior Market to give me some daytime activity where I would like to eventually focus only on to get away from evening appointments. I've begun to call turning-65 lists for med-supplement but not having much success as most of them either have plans to get their coverage from someone they know, don't answer, no phone#, don't have their Medicare card yet, etc. What do you recommend regarding the quickest way to start getting some senior business going during the day, should I be trying to get leads for the FE market or do something else? The guy I got contracted with has been in the market for years and doesn't need leads, but has people calling him for Med Supplements, LTC, annuities, etc. Just looking for advice for getting some daytime business going....thanks!

I received some emails as well and did call them and they answered for me and gave me some good information. Nothing was mentioned about NAA, and the contracts they're offering are not anything like NAA. They offered me contracting with several companies including two with 115% comps. They have several lead types including a 1000 piece drop for $330 which seems lower than most. I'm still thinking about whether or not I want to go with them since I've already got a couple other things going with other companies but don't yet have a FE lead source.

Just make sure you have open releases anybody signed up with and you save yourself a lot of trouble if you don't like it there.

They sent me contracting paperwork for 4 different companies, Foresters, American Amicable, Royal Neighbors, and Monumental with commission rates from 115% to 105%. I was with NAA for about 3 months back in '06 with mortgage protection and was only given 55% to start and had to pay for leads, lol. JD, it looks like you've been in the FE market for a long time, what would your advice for me be? I just left a debit company a week ago where I had been a staff manager for nearly 3 years. I simply couldn't take the turnover of agents leaving and having to retrain new ones. I'm just getting back into the mortgage protection market with leads from my upline that I get for free for a reduced contract of 60-90% depending on what policy we write. I'm not currently getting enough leads to make enough appointments to make a living on it, and am needing some daytime business either in the FE or Medicare supplement/LTC market. The guy I'm currently contracted with for these products doesn't buy leads because he's been in the business long enough that he gets calls for these coverage needs and doesn't have to buy leads. He says that once I get to dealing with Medicare Supplements I can just cross sell the final expense which would work, I just am not sure I'll be seeing enough Med Supplement people to make an impact! Do you recommend that I start buying leads for FE? I've been calling a turning-65 list for Med supplements the past day or two but haven't had any success scheduling appointments. They either have everything set up with someone else already, don't have a phone#, or don't have their Medicare card yet. Any advice you can give would be appreciated!

My name is Shawn Lyons. CEO and President of United Agent Solutions. We are not affiliated with NAA or any other marketing organization. After years as operating in the VP position for some of the top IMOs in the country I felt like there was a place in this space for someone to finally show some tangible value to the people we depend on for our well-being. Maybe we are naive but our approach is to be the last place you will ever have to do business. You may ask how we offer such high commission rates and leads- it's because we are not trying to "get rich" off of the individual but would rather allow our agent partners to receive the lions share of the commission, the person who actually made the sale. By doing business in this manner we know our partners will bring us all of their business as we are a full-service IMO. There are no names on our website because I am not an ego-maniac driven by trying to make a name for myself, I would rather make a name for my company and that name be synonymous with honesty and integrity. This business is hard enough-with companies making money on their leads and keeping commissions. I am blessed to be in this business helping people, helping agents.

^^I know Shawn Lyons and had a little business dealing with him when he was with EMG.

That was before the NAA guys came in a messed things up.

While my dealings with him were limited I can say that he did exactly what he told me he would do.

Hey Shawn,

Glad to see you respond. I have 2 FMO's right now and honestly most of the time I cant see where they do me any good. If you've been around the block a few times in this business you should know that yes 90% of the company's make a ton off their leads. This isn't the industry known for free stuff( Is anything ever really free when you have to go thru someone else)...:1biggrin: Usually when you decided to be a contractor it means your ready to go into business for your self. I'm not sure new agents really grasp that sometimes. We all had to start somewhere.By trial and error you will sift through the bull and develope your own sources and you need several!!!! I dont need a fancy website and pictures, I just need to be able to trust what you say and I'll take it from there. Glad you seem to be on the agents side thats rare.

So for the agent questioning the 110 to 115% contracts..that shows you've been in the wrong place to long or your starting out being advised by some idiots.

^^I know Shawn Lyons and had a little business dealing with him when he was with EMG.

That was before the NAA guys came in a messed things up.

While my dealings with him were limited I can say that he did exactly what he told me he would do.

Would this count as a celebrity endorsement?:1wink:

For sure! :yes: JD speaking well of a marketer? Would certainly carry weight with me if I were looking to do business with them. (And I am being serious)

There's actually many that I speak well of, FEX, EFES, 360, the group I was under at NAA, Datona Guy, Frank, Tim Winders, etc.

The ones I say something bad about is for a reason.

They sent me contracting paperwork for 4 different companies, Foresters, American Amicable, Royal Neighbors, and Monumental with commission rates from 115% to 105%. I was with NAA for about 3 months back in '06 with mortgage protection and was only given 55% to start and had to pay for leads, lol. JD, it looks like you've been in the FE market for a long time, what would your advice for me be? I just left a debit company a week ago where I had been a staff manager for nearly 3 years. I simply couldn't take the turnover of agents leaving and having to retrain new ones. I'm just getting back into the mortgage protection market with leads from my upline that I get for free for a reduced contract of 60-90% depending on what policy we write. I'm not currently getting enough leads to make enough appointments to make a living on it, and am needing some daytime business either in the FE or Medicare supplement/LTC market. The guy I'm currently contracted with for these products doesn't buy leads because he's been in the business long enough that he gets calls for these coverage needs and doesn't have to buy leads. He says that once I get to dealing with Medicare Supplements I can just cross sell the final expense which would work, I just am not sure I'll be seeing enough Med Supplement people to make an impact! Do you recommend that I start buying leads for FE? I've been calling a turning-65 list for Med supplements the past day or two but haven't had any success scheduling appointments. They either have everything set up with someone else already, don't have a phone#, or don't have their Medicare card yet. Any advice you can give would be appreciated!

Give Twilight a call; he'll work with you on the best way to make money in Mortgage Protection and combining FE. His leads for both are great so is the comp.

Back