United Life

@shonceman did the insured have to sign the questionnaires?
Yes, which was a bit of a pain since they live 40 miles away from me in the opposite direction from my usual travels. But Friday’s normally my office day, so I ran up there and got the sigs without too much disruption in my schedule. If they had lived in my normal service area it would have been no inconvenience at all.

So, the home office people said they’ll issue standard up through table 4 rating. But they like to get more details on medical issues as provided in the questionnaires. So in the future, I’ll keep a couple copies of each questionnaire with me in case I want to write a client with them.

I’ve been a little spoiled by FE yes/no apps. But I remember having to do the same thing when I was a captive AGLA agent, except in later years we were doing it all digitally, and if you needed to fill out a questionnaire it popped up on the screen automatically while you were filling out the app.

Their rates seem to be competitive with fully underwritten WL plans. The company calls it simplified issue, and I guess it is since they don’t require much in the way of exams, etc, if applying for less than 100k. But the underwriting process seems a little more complicated than other SIWL carriers.

The FYC is low, but that’s understandable given the very low premiums. However, the trail commissions are decent and last longer than some of the pricebuster carriers.

The upshot is I’ll be moving them closer to the top of my lineup if they continue to perform well.

Back