Upcoming birthday

It worked fine for me. You have to wait until the client's birthday to go back into the app. But it'll let you do it.
Suppose the proposed insured qualified for immedite coverge before her birthday when you write the app up, then has a stroke in the mean time before you reenter her info for her policy which is after her birthday. Does that mean her app would be sent up as immediate coverage even though she had a stroke a few days earlier?

Suppose the proposed insured qualified for immedite coverge before her birthday when you write the app up, then has a stroke in the mean time before you reenter her info for her policy which is after her birthday. Does that mean her app would be sent up as immediate coverage even though she had a stroke a few days earlier?

Just like any other company, if the insured's health changes prior to the effective date, they may no longer be eligible for immediate coverage.

Si
Just like any other company, if the insured's health changes prior to the effective date, they may no longer be eligible for immediate coverage.
You still writing a lot of family benefit ? If so hows the underwriting been ? How’s the phone interview ? Haven’t wrote one in a while. At times they heavy question the client. Phone interview would take about 10 mins.It’s just so hard to think about doing phone interviews when almost every company has a E-App s and instant decisions . I really believe one day they’ll have to go to an eapp with instant decision.

Si

You still writing a lot of family benefit ? If so hows the underwriting been ? How’s the phone interview ? Haven’t wrote one in a while. At times they heavy question the client. Phone interview would take about 10 mins.It’s just so hard to think about doing phone interviews when almost every company has a E-App s and instant decisions . I really believe one day they’ll have to go to an eapp with instant decision.

Yes, I am. Still the same underwriting since they changed it in 2022 and same interview.

MRS has outsourced to some Filipino interviewers. Slight accent, which isn't ideal with FE folks. But basically zero hold time when you call to do the PHI.

Si

It will never happen until one person there retires.

The phone interview is absolutley awful. Even worse if you do the eApp.

Last one I did took 17 minutes and they did the interview wrong. They didn't ask all the questions. I told the interviewer that they were not done. They insisted they were. Then 3 weeks later. they called me needing to complete the phone interview. . I told them to listen to the interview and I had told them it wasn't complete. "we know, this is not your fault. We messed this up. But we still have to complete it now". We did a second interview.

That was 2 weeks ago. It's still not been issued even though she was approved both times. It's supposed to draft tomorrow. No idea if it will.

Hold times are awful before you even to the interrogation. Them and Foresters are the only ones still doing POS interrogations in 2024.

Back