URGENT Help Please

cgip1418

Expert
I am licensed in both Life and Health, but have never followed through due to the fact that my full time job kept me so busy. Well now that full time job has laid me off. I am not expecting to get rich any time soon, but can anyone give advice if they were in my position for the most immediate revenue stream? Should I go life? Health? Company good to start out with? Thanks in advance....

I am licensed in both Life and Health, but have never followed through due to the fact that my full time job kept me so busy. Well now that full time job has laid me off. I am not expecting to get rich any time soon, but can anyone give advice if they were in my position for the most immediate revenue stream? Should I go life? Health? Company good to start out with? Thanks in advance....

Were there a lot of layoffs of was it just a couple of people?

What state are you in?

Not real sure yet. Only a few today.

As Lgilmore mentioned in your other thread, this isn't really a "make money quickly" business. You can make a lot of money over time, but starting from scratch and trying to pay the bills month one will be a challenge.

That being said, you may have some opportunity to pull in some sales down the road. It may take you time to be paid but you will be paid nonetheless. People in job transitions often have a lot of needs. They may have just lost their group coverage for life, DI etc. They may have rollovers of their qualified plans where a portion could be suitable for annuities depending on how close they are to retirement.

Whether they buy or not will depend on their savings and future job prospects. It is certainly one place to start.

If you were my friend, I'd suggest draw unemployment and find a new job. I'll third the fact that this is not a get rich quick system, not even a "earn a replacement income from scratch" business. Most of the reason why people fail is because they don't have time to beat the learning curve.

That all being said, American Income Life does have a pretty neat program that most folks dog on, but it's not a bad way to get started if you really want to try to get started fast.

If you were my friend, I'd suggest draw unemployment and find a new job. I'll third the fact that this is not a get rich quick system, not even a "earn a replacement income from scratch" business. Most of the reason why people fail is because they don't have time to beat the learning curve.

That all being said, American Income Life does have a pretty neat program that most folks dog on, but it's not a bad way to get started if you really want to try to get started fast.

+1 on AIL. They'll keep you busy and get your feet wet selling insurance. Work hard with them, save your beans, then start your own agency.

+1 on AIL. They'll keep you busy and get your feet wet selling insurance. Work hard with them, save your beans, then start your own agency.

I double Pete's sentiments here.

Also, for immediate income, I'd probably look at life insurance. Specifically FE probably.

If you want to invest yourself fully, you've got ironically perfect timing for health insurance though. AEP for Medicare is about to start. Open enrollment for ACA starts in a handful of days.

Might be a blessing in disguise.

Back