Using Company Logo's on My Website?

popeye35

Expert
I am launching my insurance agency website (p&c and l&h) at the end of this week and I have 2 questions. First, can I use the logos of the companies that I write business with on my website? (my guess is that the answer for this is no, but it would be cool if yes).

Second, can I at least mention the companies that I write with on my website?

Thanks for the help!

I am launching my insurance agency website (p&c and l&h) at the end of this week and I have 2 questions. First, can I use the logos of the companies that I write business with on my website? (my guess is that the answer for this is no, but it would be cool if yes).

Second, can I at least mention the companies that I write with on my website?

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to use the company approved logos from the carrier's marketing department. I think you can only use the logos if you are directly appointed so if you are writing through a wholesaler it may be best to check first.

Listing the companies you have access to shouldn't be a problem but it could vary based on the carrier. The carriers probably don't want to be associated with any random agent that they are not aware of.

some will care, some won't... each company has their own policies... hate to make it difficult, but I have a health company that I can't even mention their name sime I am not captive with them... and although they are the biggest name, I'd rather promote my 10 other companies than just them....

Put it this way. If you do it and they dont like it, then they will contact you. Most likely they wont care. Its free branding for them as long as your site look professional.

I was curious of this too. What is the worst that can happen regarding other company logos even if you are not appointed with them? I'm sure they would never find out and if they did I'm sure all they will do is tell you to take it down. Am I wrong to believe that these large companies have more to do that scour the internet for indy brokerages branding their name....

I do not know of any agents who have logos of carriers they do NOT represent on their site. Most carriers don't care as long as you are in good standings with them.

I was curious of this too. What is the worst that can happen regarding other company logos even if you are not appointed with them? I'm sure they would never find out and if they did I'm sure all they will do is tell you to take it down. Am I wrong to believe that these large companies have more to do that scour the internet for indy brokerages branding their name....

I would say that as long as you're not directly linking to their website, it's unlikely that they'll be able to find yours, but it couldn't hurt to just reach out to each company in advance in case they do stumble upon it (unlikely) and you're left out of luck.

I think you might piss off some of the captives if you put their logo up on your site. It'd be a good laugh though

Back