Using Lawn Signs

I had okay reusults on bandit signs that read Diabetes or Heart disease? No Problem.. call...

Did okay actually.. its just a pain in the ass to go out and burn gas and time only to have 80% of them gone in less than 2 hours.. Hell, I put about 25 on a main strip, worked my way down to other areas turned around and started back and the signs I put up just an hour ago wer gone..

Sumbitch

Less time, more $$ hitting small businesses.. free money there.. all ya gotta do is ask for it

I saw that you have TPA in on your profile, Are you in Tampa ? Just curious because I am .
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
When I first went into the insurance business I went with NASE. (This is not about NASE, it's about lawn signs, so we don't have to bash NASE here.)
I got a bunch of signs and stapled them to telephone poles. I got so many calls from them that I was doing 4 to 6 appointments a day, and I was booked more that a week out. After a few months, the calls slowed down and I was looking for new areas to place them. The cops weren't too happy, and in many places, made me take the signs down, but I would make sure that they were up over the weekend.
I am now seeing signs selling insurance for people with diabetes. I don't know if they're working or not.

Do you have an example of what your sign looks like, also what # are you using a 800, I would hope so . What carriers are you showing ?
I use yard signs with my other business. The trick is to nail them up on a pole using a step ladder.....gets it out of reach for the sign police (competitors) to pull them down. The best time to put these out is saturday night so the church goers see them the next day (while the sign police are still in bed). I've never (knock on wood) had anybody call and complain...and I've never heard of anybody getting a ticket. And if I do get a ticket? I don't care, the signs produce way more income than the ticket.

Carrol, What does your sign look like and are you using a 800# thinking about putting the diabetic one up, with a 800#
WOOOW, what a freaking no life. Who the heck does that! Thanks for posting this. Does any one know if the agent got in trouble. Geezzzz

Last edited:
I cant believe this trashy method of advertising has gotten 6 pages of comments

Of those that put up signs.... Did you answer the phone or just have a recording?

Mentioned earlier in the thread, somebody said get a 800 number because it's not traceable... or at least quickly traceable would be my thought. Along that same line of thought, I could just get a google voice number for free and have a recording on it.

TIA,
Jim

I cant believe this trashy method of advertising has gotten 6 pages of comments

I don't know so lets look at it.
Yard signs, billboards, car signs, truck signage and window signs (business) are non-intrusive. They allow those not interested to be left alone. Those with a need find a number to call to fill their need. Have been used by most types of businesses since the country was founded. Yard signs were used to elect President's for last couple decades. Nobama, both Bush's, Clinton & Reagan used them.

Instead of yard signs they could cold call. Bother someone at home when they are in the middle of something like eating dinner. Robo call them to raise their blood pressure, harming their health. They could door knock. Bother someone at home. Force some to hide in their own home. Scare the crap out of elderly. Set the dogs off.

They could direct mail. Cause more forests to be cut down. Fill up the land fills faster. Put more chemicals in the ground. Use all the money intended to feed the kids. Kids go shoeless.

OKAY, this was meant to be stupid and goofy and I believe I succeeded so save your bandwidth in bashing it and pointing out the oblivious.

Image:
lmao-2.gif
Image:
lmao-2.gif
Image:
lmao-2.gif
Image:
lmao-2.gif

Last edited:
somebody mentioned earlier about having a recording when they call the number... Is that the most common way, to have a recording vs answering the call?

Thanks,
Jim

Yard signs are "trashy" but door knocking and lying to a prospect about some "card" that they never sent in is better?

I'd venture to say that since there are millions of lawn and pole signs around the U.S. they must be somewhat effective in getting a response.

Pff...sign snobs

I talked to a friend of mine who does this for his business (cleaning). He told me that he gets calls from code enforcement from time to time. And whenever they call and complain about the sign, he says something like,

"You got this number off of a sign? I am so sorry!!! I had no idea that my marketing guy was putting up illegal signs. Well thank you for letting me know, I will call him and tell him to take them down"

Basically, it doesn't matter where you put your signs up, you can even put them up on the lawn in front of city hall. Unless they can prove YOU actually put them there, you are in the clear. So if any of you guys are using bandit signs, NEVER admit to sanctioning them and/or putting them up - and you should be straight. If the city calls you, be sympathetic and apologetic. Also, use wire frame signs in the ground instead of putting them up on telephone poles. Because signs on telephone poles (especially those 10 feet above the ground) are a pain in the neck to take down, and therefore will further motivate the city to fine you. Whereas the wire frame yard signs are no problem to take down.

Then again, my friend also told me that it was worth the trouble. He got tons of business from them.

I talked to a friend of mine who does this for his business (cleaning). He told me that he gets calls from code enforcement from time to time. And whenever they call and complain about the sign, he says something like,

Basically, it doesn't matter where you put your signs up, you can even put them up on the lawn in front of city hall. Unless they can prove YOU actually put them there, you are in the clear. So if any of you guys are using bandit signs, NEVER admit to sanctioning them and/or putting them up - and you should be straight. If the city calls you, be sympathetic and apologetic. Also, use wire frame signs in the ground instead of putting them up on telephone poles. Because signs on telephone poles (especially those 10 feet above the ground) are a pain in the neck to take down, and therefore will further motivate the city to fine you. Whereas the wire frame yard signs are no problem to take down.

Then again, my friend also told me that it was worth the trouble. He got tons of business from them.
I just placed an order for 200 signs for life insurance. I'm going to staple them way up high! I'll track my responses and keep you all posted.

I just placed an order for 200 signs for life insurance. I'm going to staple them way up high! I'll track my responses and keep you all posted.

Thats great!!! In fact there is a tool called the "bandit sign stapler" which is basically a stapler stuck on the end of a 4 foot long pole. Personally, I am straying away from stapling them high, as they will just irritate the authorities even more. However, keeping in mind that bandit signs are illegal as a general rule, some jurisdictions (as we can all imagine) have bigger fish to fry and just don't have time to deal with honest hard working people putting up their signs. I wish you the best of luck!

Yard Signs Work! I've gotten more calls from people that saw one of my signs than I recv'd doing a radio show 3 days a week.
re: professionalism, don't use a marker, buy signs from a sign company! find out where in your area it is legal to place them!
But, I agree the biggest problem is having them removed too soon!

Back