Using Social Security Debit Card for FE

incis

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I have two clients that want FE using a SS issued debit card starts with a 5 and Monumental says they can't use that debit card any more. Anyone know a carrier who will?
thanks

It was to my understanding that it was the Govm't that put a stop to letting debits by insurance companies be taken out on these cards. I wish I would have saved that letter now.

It was to my understanding that it was the Govm't that put a stop to letting debits by insurance companies be taken out on these cards. I wish I would have saved that letter now.

and if that is the case they prob still allow them to buy lotto tickets off the card

ought to be a law against anyone on government assistence being allowed win money in lotteries so these folks will use the government money on necessities--------folks are on food stamps and Medicaid etc throwing $$ away on lottery tickets is wrong and shouldnt be allowed

isn't the card connected to a bank account? use the bank account.

Don't' believe so. The SS debit card is not connected to a bank account, it's a prepaid card. You can have your check direct deposited to your account and use your own debit card.

I wonder if people that have the card that starts with a 5 can just get a new card? Any downfall to that?

Last edited:
Back